· 5 -10 years’ related work experience leading teams within a collective bargaining environment hoisting & rigging operations and material management.
· Knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, NEC, local, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
· Must understand electrical construction principles, equipment, work methods and the hazards associated with this work and can mitigate those hazards.
· Ability to develop a working knowledge of National Grid’s maintenance practices, safe work practices, tagging rules and labor contracts.
· Ability to work as a team and independently.
· Must be self-motivated and have strong time management and record keeping skills.
· Ability to develop, administer and enforce a strong safety culture.
· Maintain a non-restricted driver’s license.
· Able to travel throughout the service territory and willing to work extended hours when job required and for system emergencies.
· Demonstrated rigging and setting of high-value equipment and critical lifts.
· Demonstrated ability and knowledge to develop critical lifting plans compliant with federal, state, and local requirements.
· Requires knowledge and functional responsibility for proper operations of forklifts and mobile cranes.
· Requires knowledge of telehandler operations.
· Experience in the coordination of construction and maintenance rigging projects.
· Broad knowledge of relevant codes and safety regulations pertaining to rigging and crane operation.
· Experience with lift planning, calculations and software, and DOT oversize permits & escort requirements.
· Highly skilled communicator both verbally and in writing. Ability to employ computer applications such as Google, MS Office, and Rigging / Lifting software.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a diverse team.
Valid Driver's License Required.