Strategic Sourcing Specialist/Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist Apply Now
About the Position:
Position Responsibilities of (including but not limited to):
- With support of the Category Manager, work with Stakeholders to establish clear business needs, apply forward thinking skills to set long term category strategies
- Able to execute operationally, complex sourcing activities
- Manage the delivery of savings targets
- Mastery of transactional sourcing activities
- Understands sourcing processes, able to implement more than one option: RFX, e-sourcing or pooling
- Actively focused on maximizing contract values, tracks and reviews its benefits
- Encourages and rewards performance by suppliers
- Holds suppliers to account for delivery using performance data and quarterly business reviews (QBRs)
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach in delivering business outcomes
- Understands the broad range of environmental and social sustainability reporting
- Solid understanding of most contract terms and able to craft terms with legal and management support
- Establishes a negotiation plan with clarity of desired outcomes, leveraging specialist support where appropriate
- Basic understanding of adversary’s position, desired outcomes, and leverage
- Able to involve stakeholders in negotiation preparations and events
- Successful completion of professional negotiation coursework
- Able to identify the appropriate supplier performance measurements (KPIs)
- Identify ways to build and improve on existing processes
- Typically improve process efficiency by 5-10% over a 6-12 month period
- Obtain Six Sigma Green Belt or PEx equivalent
- Demonstrates ability in working with multiple ERP systems: SAP, Oracle, Spend Analytics
- Understands how to analyze large data sets and extract valuable information
- Able to build quantitative models and support decision making
- Evaluate and apply the concept of total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Solid understanding of criteria for alternative country sourcing
- Able to proactively identify how business needs may be met through alternative country sourcing
- Basic understanding of supplier landscape, risks, and benefits in 1-2 global markets
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S.) in supply chain, finance or business management required. C.P. M or equivalent certifications preferred. MBA, MS preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management. Strong working knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Ariba & P2P systems required.
- An equivalent combination of education and extensive subject matter expertise along with procurement process experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education requirements listed above.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, specifically in communications across a multi-national organization. Additionally, the candidate should be proficient in planning, collaboration, and analysis.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job Posting:Nov 29, 2017, 6:24:57 PM
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now