Our IT ambition is to be recognized for ‘Transforming National Grid into the leader of the digital energy future’.
Market innovation will drive the digital utility.
We plan to enhance our IT offerings, mature the way we interact with our business partners, and transform the culture of our teams.
Culturally, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on designing systems around the end user. We are establishing an operating model based on accountability and empowering our workforce to share ideas and drive continuous improvement. There will be clear career options within the company, both management and technical. We are focusing on enhancing and investing in both leadership capability and developing necessary technical expertise.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Information Technology team player at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
National Grid is hiring a Sr. Integration Tech Lead for our Cloud API Program in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Sr. Integration Tech Lead contributes to the design, development and maintenance of APIs and Interfaces for the overall NationalGrid IT Solutions.
• Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support
• Provide programming and technical expertise to ensure business solutions are met
• Interpret requirements to develop Mulesoft APIs and integrations using Agile methodology
• Implement APIs as per the design specification and National Grid architecture standards
• Build, orchestrate, and deploy complex integration patterns between system, process, and experience layers of API
• Ensure that all code, configurations and other work products are thoroughly unit-tested prior to delivery
• Perform code reviews and other quality checks as requested
• Participate in system/integration testing as appropriate
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Demonstrate valued business partner capabilities and behaviors in all interactions with colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, team, and relationship-building skills.
- BS and educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 10 plus years of development experience.
- Experience in any of the integration technologies including MuleSoft, Tibco, webMethods, and Dell Boomi and understand the integration design patterns
- Experience in MuleSoft Anypoint platform, and Mulesoft API Management or similar technologies is a plus
- Experience in developing enterprise services using API Modelling Language, REST based APIs, SOAP Web Services
- Good understanding of REST, HTTP, MQ, JSON, XML and SOA
- Strong experience in at least one of the Java, C++, C# programming languages
- Experience with Dev Ops tool chains
- Experience with agile development/delivery methodologies
- Demonstrate the Valued Business Partner capabilities and behaviours in all interactions with IS Colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)