Our IT ambition is to be recognized for ‘Transforming National Grid into the leader of the digital energy future’.
Market innovation will drive the digital utility.
We plan to enhance our IT offerings, mature the way we interact with our business partners, and transform the culture of our teams.
Culturally, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on designing systems around the end user. We are establishing an operating model based on accountability and empowering our workforce to share ideas and drive continuous improvement. There will be clear career options within the company, both management and technical. We are focusing on enhancing and investing in both leadership capability and developing necessary technical expertise.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Information Technology team player at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business
National Grid Global Solutions Engineering team is currently seeking an innovative Solutions engineering manager who can help us build our technology platform for major initiatives within our Solutions Engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the implementation of end-to-end solutions for various product lines in Customer Experience Product (CXP) space. The candidate will be involved in the product development process from ideation to launch, working closely with product owners, UI/UX designers and other software engineers to deliver the best digital experience for our customers
- Lead engineering teams to help building robust distributed software solutions and platforms
- Ensure industry standard security protocols and programming best practices are implemented
- Achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Develop product vision with key stakeholders. Iteratively deliver high quality software on time
- Guide the team members to achieve optimum productivity through process improvements
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Drive dependency management with co-program scrum teams
- Hires and develops great people
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of Agile frameworks
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills. Thinks big
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Scrum master certification
- Experience in any public cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)