A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
National Grid is hiring a Senior UI/UX Designer for our Digital team in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is building a new team, ngDigital, to provide best-in-class digital delivery. The Digital team will comprise of two hubs, one in the US (Boston) and one in the UK (Birmingham) and will build digital products that create strategic value in a fast and agile manner. In addition to creating digital products, the ngDigital hubs are talent incubators that will disseminate digital capabilities and culture within National Grid
The UX/strategic designer will analyse and propose innovative UX / user journeys for our digital products that create value for our customers. You will lead ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, create/design and prototype digital user interfaces / digital features and digital products to respond to the customer needs.
Strategy and research
- Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of exemplars in the marketplace
- Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
- Bring the research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, user stories, scenarios, infographics and service models
- Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
Collaborative design and development
- Using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and physical connected form-factors
- Facilitate ideation sessions and support workshop preparation as well as immersion sessions with multi-disciplinary teams
- Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and physical products or services in cooperation with Experience Designers, Venture Architects, Product Managers and Engineers
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Performance Excellence
- Data Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Analytical discipline
- Substantial years of related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree/credits are preferred
- A background with product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development
- Undergraduate degree in Design, Business, Psychology, Strategy, Marketing or equivalent qualification; Master graduates preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in ethnographic research and building digital products
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
- Experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment is a plus
- Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver highest quality work
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Good understanding of business models and economics
- Copywriting, branding or visual implementation skills are a plus
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.