Our IT ambition is to be recognized for ‘Transforming National Grid into the leader of the digital energy future’.
Market innovation will drive the digital utility.
We plan to enhance our IT offerings, mature the way we interact with our business partners, and transform the culture of our teams.
Culturally, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on designing systems around the end user. We are establishing an operating model based on accountability and empowering our workforce to share ideas and drive continuous improvement. There will be clear career options within the company, both management and technical. We are focusing on enhancing and investing in both leadership capability and developing necessary technical expertise.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Information Technology team player at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
National Grid is hiring aQuality Engineering Senior Test Analyst for our Global Solution Delivery Department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The National Grid IT team is currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results driven individual as a Quality Engineering Test Lead within our Solutions Development organization. This person will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, and executing manual and automated testing solutions for IT projects. As an experienced Quality Engineering Test Lead, you will incorporate customer-centric design thinking practices and standard Waterfall & Agile/Lean software development methodologies into your test strategies and approaches. This role will report to the Manager of Solutions Development within the National Grid IT organization.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creation of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for Agile projects
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordination of testing activities
- Identification, recording and thorough documentation and tracking of bugs
- Plan for and execute thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track Requirements Traceability with Test Cases and Test results
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing systems to meet IT project delivery needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, solution architects and project managers) to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Sets quality assurance technology strategy and direction on projects; partners with business stakeholders and influences overall strategy and use of testing capabilities
- Prepares and presents project/program-level Testing phase communications for executives and stakeholders
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Candidate should be strategic in defining the next level of transformation for Quality engineering in the areas of E2E Testing, Process, Automation, Performance Engineering, Data, Test Environment, Security Engineering and Innovation.
- Should be able to coordinate with offshore teams and Able to collaborate with Core engineering / Product / Program management across.
- Communicate with the leadership team on the change in terms of capability and process transformation. Must be able to measure the success
- Manage the Senior technical and functional architects through strategic direction aligned to vision and mission.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent knowledge of the energy industry and electrical engineering principles
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience demonstrating responsibility for developing solutions in support of large scale software development projects
- Experience delivering large scale projects, including development of technical requirements, testing and integration plans through both Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies
- Experience with cloud-computing services, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure and native iOS or Android development including testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility Big Data/Data Visualization/Robotics(Automation) technology experience alongside SAP and/or Salesforce development/integration experience highly desirable
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)