Senior Data and Information Specialist Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is seeking an experienced Senior Data and Information Specialist for a position within the Grid Modernization Execution Department at our Waltham, MA location.
The Senior Data and Information Specialist designs, develops and supports all aspects of the Grid Modernization Program suite of data, data modeling, ad hoc reporting and advanced analytics. This role will identify, define, and deliver requisite data and information needs in support of the Grid Modernization program and both internal and external stakeholder expectations for information and results. This includes supporting both customer-facing and grid-facing areas of the program and using both standard and advanced analytics tools and methodologies. The successful candidate will conduct research and analysis of highly complex data governance methodologies from multiple sources which may be both internal and external, and document and implement their uses supporting grid modernization equipment asset information and data governance programs. Conduct research and gather information to identify integration points and interfaces between the company and departmental needs for the purpose of equipment asset information and data governance program management. With the development of all data analysis and frameworks, will also be required to be accountable for ensuring accuracy and integrity for all findings; and support strategic and regulatory initiatives and reporting requirements. This position will also be a subject matter expert on data governance/QA methodologies and practices.
Specific activities included in the responsibilities include:
- Audit and analysis of all data exchanged between devices and solutions
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases, creating customized queries, detailed analysis and generating customized reports.
- Experience in computer programming utilizing scripting language
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with diverse team of project/program managers and analysts to resolve identified process / systematic issues and develop/recommend preventive measures/solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information, integrate people processes, systems, and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience generating complex reports.
- Demonstrated experience working with voluminous data, complex processes and systems.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing technical business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring reports and projects are completed accurately and on schedule.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to present ideas both electronically and in person, explain complex concepts successfully, and motivate stakeholders effectively.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for results.
- Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate key messages to internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, STEM or related field
- Five or more years of experience in the field of data analytics
- Experience using MS Excel and MS Access
- 5 years of experience with data governance, data modelling, data quality assurance or data management. Preferably in a Lead role.
- Knowledgeable and experience in performance measurement tools and techniques.
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, both external and internal.
- Strong skills in: negotiations, presentation, project management, communication, and critical analysis.
- Tenacious problem solver with a passion for owning issues until full resolution
- Good working knowledge of Grid Modernization technologies and solutions
- Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal departments and external customers
- Strong business awareness and commercial acumen
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills
- Able to take a creative approach to situations and problem solving
- Solid experience in the IT industry or holds a good understanding of Internet Technologies,
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now