Senior Business Partner, Finance Business Partnering Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Senior Business Partner, Finance Business Partnering will be responsible for supporting the business in delivering initiatives on time, cost and quality while challenging the prioritization of initiatives and ensuring financial benefits are realized. To support the wider function and areas of business responsible for, in delivering projects and initiatives to deliver future value.
- Assist the Manager/Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, in the development, coordination and consolidation of the business plan and budgets, monthly forecasts and supporting financial analyses for the business.
- Provide financial support to the business. This includes budget preparation and analysis, forecasting, cost control, performance measurement, and financial analysis.
- Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
- Support in the development of and tracking of business case costs and benefits.
- Provide monthly management reporting of actual to budget variances, forecast updates and variance analysis and year on year analyses for the Jurisdictions, Functions and NGUSA.
- Utilize data from financial systems available to generate management reporting models to support the broader finance teams analytical functions
- Support the provision of ad hoc analysis as required in support of rate case fillings, regulatory requirements and general decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or relevant field
- 3+ years of Internal Audit experience in a large energy/utility company and /or operations/functional or accounting/financial experience
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now