Senior Analyst, Management Data Analysis Apply Now
National Grid is hiring a Sr. Analyst, Data Management for our Transmission department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid strives to make data-driven decisions regarding Transmission assets and how they are managed, maintained, and constructed. Asset Management and Data Management are key capabilities the company needs to strengthen to become world-class Transmission business. There is a gap between where we are today and where we need to be in order to deliver on key growth initiatives. A new team has been established to provide support and guidance to the organization in the development and delivery of these implementation plans.
- Educate colleagues to recognize data as an enterprise asset
- Translate stakeholder requirements into data-oriented system specifications and collaborate with system designers to implement improvement initiatives
- Establish a catalogue of business terms, technical metadata, critical data elements, business rules, quality rules and their associations
- Understand engineering practices and processes and how these impact choices in data models and system architecture
- Lead and support data quality management and quality metrics capability that will enable business compliance with Data Management standards.
- Develop and provide support in creating business rules, data quality rules and applies data profiling.
- Work with other business units stakeholders and data practitioners to gather, analyze and present critical data elements and its health status
- Provide support to business to monitor, investigate, remediate and communicate data quality issues
- Apply knowledge of end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to transform, to delivery and its business intent at each stage
Stakeholders this specialist will work collaboratively with include:
- Transmission Engineers
- Asset Management Specialists
- Data Management Specialists
- IT System Architects
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Work well in a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or related areas. Graduate-level degree preferred
- 4-7+ years of experience in supporting business in a Data Management or Asset Management capacity
- Knowledge of data governance best practices
- Leadership, coaching, persuasion, and relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively interact with engineering, IT, and non-technical staff
- A genuine passion for the benefits that good data management can bring to an organization
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with:
- GIS-based data structures and tools (ex: Small World, ESRI)
- Data management/profiling tools (ex: Informatica, Collibra, SAP Information Steward)
- Power engineering and Transmission system design
- Business intelligence and data visualization tools (ex: Tableau, iDashboards, R Shiny)
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now