Salesforce Technical Architect – IS Senior/Lead Apply Now
National Grid is looking for someone who has domain expertise in Customer Service Infrastructure
You have developed and implemented solutions used to automate Customer Support/Customer service solutions.
The Salesforce Architect is responsible for architecting Salesforce solutions. The Architect will translate business requirements into functional solutions.
The Architect is expected to provide Salesforce technical leadership for a team of developers, business consultants, and admins. The ability to demonstrate management expertise and execute strategic direction, as well as possessing significant depth of technical expertise in salesforce architecture, will be key skills for the position.
- Own the full application architecture process that translates business requirements into functional solutions. Responsible for connecting business goals and challenges and for the overall design of the application solution on Salesforce.com
- Provide governance and best practices/standards supporting the platform adoption and full application lifecycle (design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support).
- Work closely with business and IT leaders to provide technical solutions (including out of box solutions) to complex business needs.
- Research, recommend, and implement AppExchange applications and salesforce upgrades to help meet business needs.
- Document current and future state processes, and develop technical specifications for projects and enhancements.
- Collaborate with project managers to identify project milestones, tasks, and required resources to develop a detailed project plan.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of all Saleforce.com product offerings and solutions.
- Run workshops, working closely with client, able to talk about tradeoffs e.g. terms of config vs code.
- Map functional requirements to Salesforce.com features and functionality.
- Leads Discovery Workshops with key stakeholders to understand National Grids strategic business goals, needs, processes and current use of the platform, and any other customer centric data and processes not currently on SFDC.
- Demonstrates Salesforce and extended AppExchange apps that can fit our needs. Explains complex technology concepts in in simple language.
- Partners with National Grid SMEs across IT, Data Governance, customer portal and other areas to design solutions that will deliver maximum value across the enterprise.
- Designs solutions with maximum usability while minimizing complex code and customization.
- Delivers detailed design proof-of-concepts, wireframes, prototypes, in PPT and sandbox, as needed.
- Creates documentation of technical design, support plan and enable best practices and governance measures.
- Partnering with our Platform Manager and IT Partners to oversee build, testing and deployment.
- Stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications available from 3rd parties on the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Partners with Customer Success team to design end-user training materials and go-live support.
- Drives communications with all key stakeholders including delivering project updates and and key stakeholders and maintains alignment.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- At least 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce Architect.
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Salesforce Lightning, Community, and App Clouds
- Strong knowledge of CRM assurance best practices and methodologies
- Salesforce development experience including strong working knowledge and ability to code APEX (classes, triggers and web services), Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, SOQL, and Force.com.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Salesforce architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce application including configuration, triggers, process builders, workflows, visual force, apex coding, batch processes, and database design.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, visual force pages, workflows, and configuration.
- Experience leading Agile development teams to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices, and code quality techniques.
- Must be Salesforce Certified Developer or Salesforce Certified Architect
- 8-10 years of software development experience, and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience integrating Salesforce.com with enterprise-level applications though all available integration channels as well as Salesforce-to-Salesforce integrations development, and testing specifically in Jira
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers on solution design
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job Posting:Mar 13, 2018, 11:45:06 AM
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now