Our IT ambition is to be recognized for ‘Transforming National Grid into the leader of the digital energy future’.
Market innovation will drive the digital utility.
We plan to enhance our IT offerings, mature the way we interact with our business partners, and transform the culture of our teams.
Culturally, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on designing systems around the end user. We are establishing an operating model based on accountability and empowering our workforce to share ideas and drive continuous improvement. There will be clear career options within the company, both management and technical. We are focusing on enhancing and investing in both leadership capability and developing necessary technical expertise.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Information Technology team player at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
This role will be the responsible for being an important player of the Solution development team at National Grid to support and enhance the application using a Scaled Agile methodology.
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support
- Develop high-quality and scalable application logic with Apex and SOQL
- Develop custom applications using Salesforce.com and integrating salesforce.com with other systems
- Apply best practices and design patterns of best-of-breed applications developed on the Salesforce.com platform
- Create and execute unit, integration and user acceptance test plans, including use cases and test data
- Operate and leverage Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- 5-8 or more years of development experience in SFDC with expertise in Apex, and Lightening component development
- Good understanding of the Salesforce platform with the ability to interact with business users to understand requirements in order to translate them into design specifications
- Experience with one of the following: Service Cloud, Communities, Knowledge, and other Salesforce apps and AppExchange packages
- Exposure to field service business processes and practices. Salesforce Service cloud and Field service lightning experience preferred
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, SAFe and others)
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder, Developer 1, and Service Cloud Consultant is a plus
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)