Program Delivery Portfolio Lead – IS Apply Now
National Grid is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world - covering Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and the UK.
We are at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing our society, delivering clean energy to support our world long into the future. Every day we work with stakeholders to promote the development and implementation of sustainable, innovative and affordable energy solutions.
- Competitive and robust benefits and compensation package with Bonus potential
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team
- Growth potential through company leadership programs
- Numerous wellness programs and Company-endorsed community programs
- Be part of a team building the Information Systems growth
About the Position:
Direct the management of projects within a portfolio from initiation to completion that deliver business change and subsequent benefits. Achieved by leveraging the range of resources and experience across the full IS function whilst influencing key stakeholders to achieve successful delivery. Will also act as the Program Manager for larger programs in a hands on manner.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Successfully shape and deliver a range of complex and challenging projects to deliver business value
- Managing projects within a portfolio utilizing all available resources and business relationships
- Lead teams adhering to project governance. Has a depth of knowledge to ensure predictable and unexpected complexities are effectively managed through stakeholder influence & management.
- Managing dependencies, risks, plans, costs and resourcing for each project and dependencies across interlinked projects
- Ensures that the projects offer a range of options and implements changes which achieve the defined objectives and ensures business benefits are realized
- Make use of full methodology and techniques autonomously for self and to supervise and advise others on appropriate approach.
- Engage and influence stakeholders
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of project investment papers
- Operate as a role model for Valued Business Partner, championing similar behaviors across IS
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- BS and educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g.Prince 2, PMP) highly desirable
- Good extensive knowledge of the business and IS strategy and drivers for the project. Has proven leadership, relationship, communication and presentation skills a good track record of delivering IT projects.
- Demonstrate the Valued Business Partner capabilities and behaviors in all interactions with IS Colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
Additional Skills Needed:
- Process Excellence
- Stakeholder Management
- People Management
- Business acumen
- Customer Focus
- Change Management
- Project management - advanced
- ·Manage internal and external delivery resources ranging from analysts to senior project managers.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job Posting:Nov 14, 2017, 6:39:46 PM
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now