Our IT ambition is to be recognized for ‘Transforming National Grid into the leader of the digital energy future’.
Market innovation will drive the digital utility.
We plan to enhance our IT offerings, mature the way we interact with our business partners, and transform the culture of our teams.
Culturally, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on designing systems around the end user. We are establishing an operating model based on accountability and empowering our workforce to share ideas and drive continuous improvement. There will be clear career options within the company, both management and technical. We are focusing on enhancing and investing in both leadership capability and developing necessary technical expertise.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Information Technology team player at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
National Grid is hiring a Lead for Cloud for our security team in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are looking for an experienced Security Manager/Team Lead to organize and lead within the Security Engineering Cloud space. You will provide strategic guidance to teams and team players in ways that promote the company’s culture including compliance and regulatory standards. You will also oversee and implement the operational progress of operations.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization including happy customers, on target budgets and high-quality implementations.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have prior experience in both program management and team management. This position also requires a hands-on technical knowledge of the subject matter for cloud security, specifically. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Leading and motivating a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
Delivering programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization as well as defined processes and compliance & regulatory standards.
• Hiring, training and coaching internal, contract and consulting resources
• Scheduling resource assignments
• Determining and delivering on OKRs that support the strategic direction of the organization.
• Determining and delivering to budgets, forecasts and operating plans for the team.
• Coordinating the program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
• Implementing and managing changes, escalations and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
Communicating accurately and transparently
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
• Analyzing, mitigating and reporting program risks.
• Collaboratively working with vendors and partner providers
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders such as leaders, consultants, procurement, and the business teams in order to share best
practice, identify potential new projects and liaise with other working areas during project progression.
Implements Operational procedures including:
productivity, quality, and customer-service standards by resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing
Driving constant iterative improvement
• Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
• Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
• Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
• Leveraging retrospective meetings with team.
• Challenge existing project processes, technologies and systems to continuously seek ways to do things better in order to achieve department and business objectives and drive greater efficiencies for the business.
• Responsible for ensuring an appropriate and proportionate approach to security management across the entire National Grid portfolio.
• Delivery of protective security advice to all areas of the business.
• Responsible for the efficient designing, developing, implementing and managing of security programs to protect corporate assets and people against theft, acts of
terrorism, and other such hostile activity.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Strong leadership, influencing and analytical skills, demonstrating sound judgement and decision making, and be able to credibly interact professionally at all levels across the organization.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence senior stakeholders within the organization and key external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Abilities and Capabilities
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; Extensive hands-on experience leading technical programs.
• Cyber Security and technical cloud experience is required.
• Working experience of project management fundamentals and project management practices, specifically agile.
• Requires a thorough understanding of program management practices and leading transformational change.
• Strong MS Office suite, project management software skills. Capability Requirements: (E)
• Analytical Thinker with attention to detail.
• Conceptual Thinker
• Customer Oriented
• Has ability to influence decisions and change.
• Actively builds, maintains and leverages a network of relationships, both internal and external to the organization.
• Team Player
• Driver of change
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)