Manager, Finance Business Partnering Apply Now
National Grid is hiring a Manager, Finance Business Partner - Gas Business Unit, for our Finance Business Partnering department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Business Partnering, Manager, Budget and Forecasting is responsible for partnering with the jurisdiction to develop and review jurisdiction budgets. Works closely within the jurisdiction to obtain costs, expenses and revenue to create a preliminary budget and model forecasting of performance. Works closely with the Director, Planning, Budgeting and
Performance to create operating projections for the jurisdiction. Leads follow-up and communication by publishing the final budget and provides updates to support monthly forecasting.
- Responsible for providing budgeting and forecasting activities for jurisdiction performance.
- Manages budgets and forecasting responsibilities to provide jurisdiction insight and guidance.
- Manages jurisdiction budget guidance by partnering across finance to obtain financial information for drafting budgets and forecasts.
- Partners with Director, Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting on performance assumptions when drafting budgets and forecasts.
- Partners closely with the jurisdiction leader to finalize P&L budget and obtain initial approval.
- Utilizes historical data to create assumptions and forecasts to support financial performance.
- Works closely with Corporate Finance and Finance Operations to incorporate data into budget proposals.
- Provides ad-hoc forecasting and budget to meet the needs of the jurisdiction.
- Provides counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
- Builds and manages results-driven teams by taking a strategic and technical view of performance management by involving employees in planning, relationship building, decision-making, forecasting, and analysis processes.
- Ensures proper support to meet business requirements of financial and non-financial controls.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Business and financial forecasting
- Business unit finance
- General Accounting
- Short and long-term forecasting
- US GAAP, IFRS and SOX
- Risk mitigation
- Effective business partnerships
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred 7 years in Finance with Financial Forecasting and Budgeting with
- Ability to provide business unit support by providing financial data and insights
- Experience managing budget and financial filing activities
- Demonstrated ability to lead forecasting and budgeting
- Experience in managing complex multi-national relationships
- Background in utility service or similar industry accounting
- Proven experience in consolidation budgeting requirements
- Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
- Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now