Manager, Finance Business Partnering Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To manage the financial strategy and provide financial leadership related to information technology systems project implementations, and partners with the business to ensure that the systems not only deliver the required capabilities but that there is appropriate financial governance and systems integration. This role develops assumptions, timelines and expectations to meet business and performance objectives.
- Lead a results-driven team by taking a strategic and technical view of performance management by involving employees in planning, relationship building, decision-making, forecasting, and analysis processes.
- Interpret, explain, communicate, drive and hold the business accountable for financial performance.
- Support the development of strategic business plans.
- Manage budget guidance by partnering across finance, information technology and the business to obtain financial information and key performance indicators for drafting budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure that correct accounting guidance is followed related to implementation of information technology systems
- Strong governance to ensure all checks and balances are in place.
- Utilize historical data to create assumptions and forecasts to support financial performance.
- Ability to communicate, project manage and deliver results.
- Provide ad-hoc forecasting and budget to meet the needs of the business area.
- Provide counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred, with a minimum of 7 years in finance roles with increasing scope and leading financial processes
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now