Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
National Grid is hiring a US IT & Digital Development Program Lead for our Organizational Change Management department in Waltham, MA
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The IT Organizational Change Management (OCM) team is focused on driving organizational alignment to achieve our IT and Digital strategic outcomes while increasing the effectiveness of our IT and Digital operating model, identifying and building skills for the future, and evolving our behaviors and ways of working. The OCM team provides a single point of accountability for the identification and delivery of cross-functional IT change initiatives.
This role reports to the VP, Organizational Change Management
As a member of the OCM team, the IT & Digital Development Program Lead will have responsibility for the Coordination of Graduate recruitment & program development, aligned to supporting our IT & Digital skills of the future needs. Working in partnership with HR and IT & Digital Leaders, you will be responsible to ensure we invest in new talent to build a diverse team with recruitment and placement of interns and graduates with standardized programming and development frameworks.
• Oversee Summer Intern and Graduate program for greatest candidate engagement, including communications, program design, orientations, learning and development curriculum, new hiring leader training and ongoing feedback mechanisms to support development of the programs
• Partner with HR on effective sourcing of candidates to ensure candidate pools are strong and aligned to skill sets needed within IT & Digital
• Coordinate recruitment of interns and graduates across IT & Digital to ensure appropriate balance of introducing new talent into the organization
• Partner with IT leaders on identification and placement of candidates, aligned to organizational objectives and team budgets
• Partner with Reporting Line Managers to map out three six-month rotations for Graduates to balance Graduate personal development and building candidate experience to meet organizational goals
• Define/clarify expectations of hiring and rotation managers in providing meaningful works experience and ensure candidate development
• Ensure Performance management objectives are actively managed by Reporting Line managers to support Graduates development
• Coach, mentor and motivate Graduates and provide career support in addition to reporting line manager. Define and manage programs to support e.g. networking, mentoring
• Define measurement objectives to gauge program success and identify focus areas for continuous improvement
Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong interest in and orientation towards developing talent with passion for professional development and enabling success for those newer to the workforce.
• Experience with identifying and advancing a diverse candidate pool.
• Collaborative and strong team player.
• Strong Program and Project management skills to drive a clear plan with accountability
• Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with diverse teams in a matrix environment.
• Ability to motivate IT & Digital Leads to participate and invest in Graduate Talent development.
• Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Strong decision making and time management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Ability to consult with, influence and establish a high level of confidence with various management personnel and external contacts.
- Strong networking and collaboration skills with experience promoting change.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years related professional experience, 3+ year’s relevant experience defining and managing development programs
- Experience in directly or indirectly leading and developing a broad team comprised of diverse expertise and skills
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.