7+ years experience in electric operations engineering, project management, utility construction or equivalent relevant experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility construction operations. Master’s degree in engineering discipline, MBA or relevant equivalent preferred.
• Preference given to candidates with a Professional Engineering license and/or Certified Project Management Professional.
• Considerable proven experience in direct project and design including milestone management, resourcing, affordability, risk management, reporting and possess team leadership and influencing skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
• Deep knowledge of electrical system operations, engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal, purchasing, and utility accounting regulations.
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget conscious, metric/measurement driven.
• Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
• Strong skills in: electrical engineering design, project management, stakeholder engagement, presentation, construction management, interpersonal, oral & written communication, critical analysis and capable of leading and influencing teams, and gaining support and commitment from a wider operational group.
• Valid driver’s license required.