Lead Project Manager, Electricity Capital Project Delivery Apply Now
National Grid is hiring a Lead Project Manager for our Capital Delivery department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
About the Position:
Responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of the NE Electric Complex Capital Projects to ensure they are developed in a least cost, fit for purpose manner in order to improve long term project robustness, requirements, costs and timescales. Ensure the optimization of design and development, considering the alignment of resources (people, materials, access, permissions) with clear cost and time ranges at the front end of project and program lifecycles. Engage key stakeholders to ensure adherence to the Complex Capital Delivery process, highest standards of health, safety, environmental, security and quality.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ensure NE Electric projects adhere to the Complex Capital Delivery process for the timely creation and approval of the Project Execution Plan which includes preliminary engineering, baseline schedule, detailed cost estimate, risk profile and resource strategy.
Assemble cross functional project team to establish development and design requirements, milestones and affordability ceilings while driving adherence of the frameworks, policies, procedures, controls and reporting necessary to drive an efficient and effective approach to project development that optimizes the success of NE Electric capital project delivery.
Work closely with SHE in order to identify and respond appropriately to any potential hazards, incidents or circumstances that impact the safety, well being and working environment of any complex construction projects within own jurisdiction.
Facilitate and encourage the introduction of new technologies and innovative solutions to improve the delivery of NE Electric capital projects safely, on time, and in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
Review project reports and performance metrics in order to monitor progress according to plan, guide the resolution of any major issues and provide timely updates to senior management.
Inspire and deliver new ways of working collaboratively within the business; driving efficiency and performance excellence as well as matrix working with and through functions and processes to ensure maximum value and achievement of long term challenges.
Facilitate NE Electric projects to ensure that they continue to be appropriately assessed, developed, planned, resourced and scheduled in a timely and cost effective manner in order to ensure best value for National Grid.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Collaboration with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Driving personal and project team performance.
- Working in a collaborative, matrix organisation.
- Financial responsibility by considering cost and value.
- Start and finish with the customer in mind
- Deliver excellent performance
- Lead through ambiguity and change
- Coach and challenge your team
- Think and act commercially
Lives the values
- Do the right thing and find a better way.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 7+ years experience in electric operations engineering, project management, utility construction or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility natural gas construction operations. Master’s degree in engineering discipline, MBA or relevant equivalent preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with a Professional Engineer’s license and/or Certified Project Management Professional.
- Considerable proven experience in direct project development and design including milestone management, resourcing, affordability, risk management, reporting and possess team leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of electrical system operations, engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal, purchasing, and utility accounting regulations.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget conscious, metric/measurement driven.
- Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Strong skills in: electrical engineering design, project management, stakeholder engagement, presentation, construction management, interpersonal, oral & written communication, critical analysis and capable of leading and influencing teams, and gaining support and commitment from a wider operational group.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now