Job DescriptionApply Now
Lead Program Manager, Asset Management AIPM (Asset Investment Planning & Management)Job ID 20180030 Date posted 01/10/2018
About the Position:
The Gas BusinessEnablement project is a major long-term investment in our US gas business toenhance compliance, improve customer service, rate case strategy andperformance. This newly created project will be a significant undertakingfor the business as we standardize and simplify our operational processes,upgrade the technical systems they run on, build on our compliance programs ina rapidly changing external environment, develop and enhance how we usetechnology in the field and ensure we have the right talent and resource plansto successfully deliver to our customers. The Lead Specialist, AssetManagement position is a highly visible manager role and will require a longterm commitment to the success of the Gas Enablement Team.
PositionResponsibilities (including but not limited to):
The primaryresponsibility of the Lead Program Manager, Asset Management AIPM role is tolead the development and delivery of standardized end-to-end processes tosupport the future business. The Lead Specialist, Asset Management AIPM willcollaborate across all Asset Management Classifications (Transmission,Distribution, Long Term Planning / Reliability, and CNG/LNG/Regulator StationAssets) and functions from Long Term Planning and Risk Scoring thru Design andField Completion driving for consistency across all legacy operating companieswith specific efforts to improve efficiency and leverage best practices aroundthe discipline of Asset Investment Planning & Management
This individual willwork very closely with the Performance Excellence and Complex Capital Delivery Organizationsby leveraging the capabilities (i.e. personnel, methodology and tools) toidentify opportunities for improvement in safety, operations, asset management,customer service and compliance. This role will lead a team of internaland external consultant partners aligned with the Asset Management Process. Thesuccessful candidate will lead working groups actively collaborating in thedevelopment and delivery of improved end to end processes, through diagnosis,design, test/refine and implementation phases while minimizing disturbance tothe day to day business and ensuring compliance with regulations. This positionis responsible for facilitating effective communication betweenstakeholders.
- Analyze, design, and deliver new business processes related to Asset Management.
- Work with the business and other stakeholders to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements.
- Identify and define detailed requirements and use cases.
- Identifies and escalates project risks, financial risks and employee resistance; partners with Director, CMO to develop change activities to mitigate risks and gain alignment with US Gas business leaders and key stakeholders.
- Set up and maintain requirements.
- Work with the internal team and consulting partners to define metrics and performance goals.
- Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the business, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results, performance, and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the end to end process designs, and other requirements to ensure they fulfill the requirements of the Gas Business.
- Serve as a liaison to the business community. Participate in a user and task analysis to maintain the business community's perspective.
- Serve as a resource for the change enablement team as they evaluate training and performance support needs and design the training and performance support products.
- This role will serve as abusiness process expert to define the business processes and performing anybusiness process re-engineering required.
Knowledge &Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in an engineering/analytical business discipline or demonstrated experience with a considerable breadth and depth across maintenance, customer service, asset management, capital delivery and emergency response, preferably in implementing large scale change in a customer focused organization.
- 5+ year’s management experience at the Manager level or equivalent.
- Influential, energetic and enthusiastic business leader, with the drive, ambition and resilience to make things happen and deliver outstanding performance.
- A strong, successful record in providing strategic leadership, implementing significant change and delivering against key business objectives.
- Significant experience managing resources and activities focused on delivering superior operational performance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to successfully bring together and drive cooperation across diverse teams with potentially conflicting goals and objectives.
- Experience in leading and developing a broad team comprised of diverse expertise and skills
- Extensive knowledge of company policies, procedures, field operations, organization structure, budgetary process, regulatory processes and labor agreements.
- Strong MS Office suite, project management software skills.
- Analytical Thinking: Sees multiple relationships with the project or program, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation in order to establish contingency plans.
- Information Seeking: Establishes the facts by digging deeper, asking probing questions and challenging initial responses from different sources.
- Impact and Influence: Adapts approach and considers what is important to the audience by tailoring message accordingly.
- Leveraging Networks: Actively builds and maintains a network of relationships, both internal and external to the organization.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Possesses positive expectations for team members and expresses regard for them and encouragement.
- Adaptability: Is receptive to change and is willing to change ideas or opinions based on new information, program variations and project scope changes.
- Creates a culture where people are inspired to deliver high performance.
- Creates a culture of innovation.
- Direct internal team, supervise & direct consultant activities, collaborate and lead business stakeholder and manage large scale projects.
- Direct Employees: TBD
- Indirect Employees: TBD
- Budget: TBD
This position hasa career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and acrossbands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience,expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is anequal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent,knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a cultureof inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superiorperformance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud tobe an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women,individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Gridteam.