Lead Analyst, Customer Energy Management Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Lead Analyst, Customer Energy Management for our Customer organization in Waltham, MA.
The Lead Analyst, Customer Energy Management provides leadership to achieve alignment of internal, regulatory, and stakeholder priorities while maintaining a focus on meeting customer needs and expectations for energy efficiency, demand response, beneficial electrification and other clean energy solutions. Apply critical thinking and an understanding of both broad and detailed views to design a cost-effective portfolio of energy management solutions that are innovative, holistic, and accessible for all customers. In contributing to team delivery of energy and cost savings for customers, the Lead Analyst will focus on efforts to optimize product offerings in support of achieving regulatory targets, shareholder incentives and contribute to projected growth towards the Company’s $100 million incremental annual operating profit goal.
- Develops an understanding of customer needs and priorities, including differences that may exist among segments of customers. Applies critical thinking through insight gained via internal/external research, analysis, and best practices to creatively design solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Actively positions future integrated energy services linked to energy efficiency programs and services in order to support National Grid’s achievement of energy efficiency targets, demand management and climate change objectives throughout the company in order to advance National Grid’s position as a leader in these fields.
- Partners with several internal teams and vendor partners on a day-to-day basis to design and evolve the portfolio of customer energy management solutions for customers. With an understanding of each team’s expertise and requirements, achieve alignment on planning, development, and implementation as it relates to energy efficiency strategies. Make informed, authoritative recommendations regarding the energy management portfolio. Seek ways to improve internal processes and foster cross-functional collaboration. Champion continuous improvement of customer energy management offerings
- Develops and maintain relationships with regulators and other key stakeholders involved in the regulatory process, and acts as an effective representative on behalf of National Grid. Attend regulatory meetings as necessary.
- Negotiate portfolio targets and funding levels with stakeholders, including relevant advisory councils and their consultants, regulators, local governments, customer groups, environmental organizations, and others.
- Gain approval from regulators on proposed plans and achievements through successful management of the regulatory approval process.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory mandates and processes, including potentially being called upon to testify before state legislative and regulatory bodies to support National Grid’s energy policy and energy efficiency, demand reduction and climate change program. Stay informed of and assess the potential impact of relevant regulatory and policy developments.
- Supports the optimization of commercial product and service development to support regulatory requirements, meet compliance obligations, and achieve shareholder incentives and other performance based regulation mechanisms in support of creating value for customers and driving improved financial outcomes for National Grid.
- Evaluates key themes and options through the analysis of various programmatic and technology-based alternatives to identify how different scenarios may impact energy efficiency program results and to develop state energy policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related field, or combination and 7+ years related work experience
- Knowledge of the electric and gas industry; energy efficiency program planning, design, implementation, execution, and evaluation as well as state and national energy policy.
- Regulatory experience including managing regulatory processes or contributing to regulatory filings.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, and regulatory representatives in a positive collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with discipline and responsibility strengths able to drive action with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven.
- Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal).
- Knowledge of National Grid’s business operations, company policies and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation.
- Demonstrated skills as a strong communicator with technical writing skills.
- Ability to provide structure and form around abstract ideas.
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now