Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
National Grid is hiring for a Lead Agile Training & Enablement Specialist for our Organizational Change department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As a member of our Agile Transformation Office (ATO), you will play an integral role transforming the way our IT organization delivers value to its customers. Your experience and expertise developing training plans and training materials specifically for Digital and Agile delivery will enable you to pivot our teams from traditional project delivery methods to a more incremental and iterative customer-centric approach leveraging SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), Scrum, Kanban and Design Thinking.
You have a successful track record designing and developing a diverse array of learning materials to support classroom, virtual and self-directed eLearning.
In collaboration with our Director of Agile Training & Enablement and our Agile coaching team and end users, you will help us to translate training needs into engaging learning materials for our rapidly growing community of users.
Your experience and aptitude working with multiple learning platforms, particularly Pluralsight, will enable you to rapidly draft scripts, presentations, storyboard e-Learning courses, instructor guides, job aids, maturity assessments and more.
As someone who collaborates naturally with others, and who is comfortable rolling up sleeves to get the job done, you will stamp your mark on all aspects of our transformational journey. In short, you will play a key role ensuring that our teams are ‘being Agile’ and not just ‘doing Agile’.
You will be accountable for the following:
- Designing and developing an Agile and Digital curriculum, learning materials, and performance support tools (including self-study, classroom, eLearning, etc.) classroom training, web-based, training videos, and virtual training design
- Improving training development processes through proficient use of tools and software to standardize training materials throughout our global enterprise.
- Creating training solutions that demonstrate an understanding of Agile and Life-Long Learning principles and that employ current learning trends, including gamification and rich media (example: video) to enhance the learner experience
- Participating in stakeholder, subject matter expert, and learner interviews that enable identification and development of relevant content in order to design curriculums that support our core methodologies for our end-learner community
- Develop learner engagement strategies, and evaluation and implementation plans where needed
- Collaborate with content developers, subject matter experts, and experienced National Grid Agile coaches to support material development needs, as appropriate
- Prepare participant materials and room set up (in-person or virtual) for Design Thinking sessions
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- A strong, successful record in providing operational leadership.
- Ability to consult with, influence and establish a high level of confidence with various management personnel and external contacts.
- Strong networking and collaboration skills.
Although this is an individual contributor role, teams will naturally gravitate to you for guidance. As such, you will affect significant change without direct authority over the individuals with whom you interact.
You are pragmatic and have an innate ability to strike the balance between the need for process ‘Do it right’ versus the need to accelerate project delivery and not overburden teams with unnecessary administrative overhead.
Solid and demonstrable experience in the following key areas is desirable:
• Good working knowledge of Agile practices SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, Design Thinking in particular
• Proven experience working with Pluralsight
• Certified Performance and Learning Professional (CPLP) or similar industry certification a plus
• Knowledge of JIRA or similar ALM tools highly desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience.
• 7+ years’ experience in training development
• 5+ years proven experience in instructional design or development
• Agile certifications desirable
• Proven experience as a Training Developer
• Exceptional professional communication and technical writing skills.
• Knowledge/experience or the ability to learn evolving systems, such as assessment facilitation, need/task analysis, instructional design/development, and instructional evaluation.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.