Java Developer Apply Now
National Grid is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world - covering Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and the UK.
We are at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing our society, delivering clean energy to support our world long into the future. Every day we work with stakeholders to promote the development and implementation of sustainable, innovative and affordable energy solutions.
About the Position:
The Java Developer contributes to thedevelopment and maintenance of Gas Business Enablement applications for theoverall US Gas Business Enablement. The Java Developer also contributes to the design and delivery of solutions in support ofthe US Gas Business Enablement program releases.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Learn new technology Mulesoft fordevelopment and support of APIs and Integrations
- Participate in all phases of softwaredevelopment life cycle including development of technical requirements,prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support
- Provide programming and technicalexpertise to ensure business solutions are met
- Interpret requirements to develop APIsand integrations using Agile methodology
- Ensure that all code, configurationsand other work products are thoroughly unit-tested prior to delivery
- Perform code reviews and other qualitychecks as requested
- Participate in system and integrationtesting as appropriate
- Reports to the Manager of Cloud Integration.
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Experiencein Object-oriented Java or Java Spring framework development
- Experiencein developing REST based APIs and SOAP Web Services
- Experiencewith Dev Ops tool chains
- Experiencewith agile development/delivery methodologies
- Understandingof SaaS and iPaaS solutions
- Goodunderstanding of REST, HTTP, MQ, JSON, XML and SOA
- Demonstratethe Valued Business Partner capabilities and behaviours in all interactionswith IS Colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Goodwritten and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BS and educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 1 plus years of development experience.
- Interest in continuing togrow technically via hands on experience and learning
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job Posting:Aug 15, 2018, 9:24:59 PM
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now