A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through quarterly development session and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
To support the analysis activities that support National Grid’s interconnection of customer distributed generation facilities, including contract administration, online portal management, cost reconciliation, as well as regulatory and corporate tariffs.
- Support the accumulation and reporting of data, providing support to relevant internal customers in order to ensure everyone is informed and aware of the underlying data so that business decisions can be made on a timely basis.
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work within the team is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
- Update financial information where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies.
- Support the implementation of an online application portal, data migration and resolve any technical issue related to processing an application through the portal.
- Act as a super user and provide necessary support for internal and external stakeholder.
- Demonstrate expert proficiency with the tools and systems used to gather the information necessary to accumulate and organize the data we use into appropriate outputs.
- Produce effective management information and reporting in order to provide insight on customers for senior team members.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Graduated between May 2019 and May 2020
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; official college transcript required for confirmation
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2020 or June 22, 2020
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving history
- Proven leadership experience
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.