A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through quarterly development session and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
About the Position
This role will be responsible for helping to implement a more customer-centric culture across the company, connecting widely to communicate and embed a customer mindset among all US employees. The analyst will work closely with Customer Experience and Market Intelligence colleagues, leveraging the work of customer insights, customer experience, customer journeys and customer segments.
- Support influence of stakeholders across the company with education and awareness efforts to share customer experience, journey work and segments. This will include leading on key communications including internal monthly communication, SharePoint site, and posters.
- Update and maintain customer strategy messaging in employee trainings to drive education and adoption.
- Develop new efforts to communicate and embed customer focus, utilizing creative content and communication channels to build innovative and impactful messaging.
- Progress development of customer segments leveraging analysis and learnings from Market Intelligence, Marketing and other customer business data to maintain relevance and quality of segment profiles.
- Partner with business units to support their adoption of customer insight and tools, working across the company with key leaders and teams to drive visibility and actionable impact.
- Develop/use case studies and success stories of groups supporting customer-centricity; feature customer journeys and customer segments; create avenues to publish and leverage.
- Support customer-focused operating roadmaps to ensure adoption and continued development, supporting the transformation and evolution toward improved customer experience for all ~7 million customers.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Graduated between May 2019 and May 2020
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; official college transcript required for confirmation
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2020 or June 22, 2020
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving history
- Proven leadership experience
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.