Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As Director, Sr. Finance Business Partner BU Performance, act to: support, challenge and drive the strategic financial decisions and priorities, and to help drive sustainable performance improvement, including the development of talent within the FBP community.
Position responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Engage with stakeholders internally and externally to understand best practice and to influence decision makers for each relevant business area
- Actively contribute to each business area to impact the shape of commercial and non-financial performance related decisions. Drive the management of performance, financial risks and the implementation & maintenance of controls
- Drive & support effective working relationships across Finance and Business Services, aligning the service provided to the business requirement through the ‘embedded/focused/self-service’ model
- Shape the definition of value, key drivers which create value and the KPIs which measure value; and ensure these are used to inform performance management, decision making and planning for the future
- Lead the long-term business & financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to drive performance.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement and performance excellence activities, consistently achieving strong results
- Support the delivery of the relevant business area’s financial response to price controls and maximize future allowances for ongoing investment in infrastructure and services. – Deliver the best possible outcome so as to outperform targets.
- Act as the finance lead on investment appraisal process for relevant business area, guiding decision making with insight and optimization opportunities, to ensure that all current and future investments are made in line with the business strategy and value requirements
- Play an active role in developing and maintaining a cohesive team across Finance & Business Services, including contribution to the successful implementation of US Finance strategic priorities, to create & embed a high performing Community
- Present the monthly results in a style suitable for both a finance and non-finance audience, delivering insight and highlighting priority areas for focus, ensuring efficiencies are optimized for the longer term. Provide action plans to address issues and ensure corrective actions are delivered on a timely basis.
- Develop and manage a highly motivated, capable and adequately resourced team, driving a performance management culture that delivers value through employee engagement
- A minimum of 6+ years of progressive growth in business support roles and relevant experience
- Must have at minimum a high school diploma
- Broad range of financial, management and business modelling experience
- Experience in utility service business activities and systems preferred
- Excellent written / oral communications skills and follow-up
- The ability to influence and impact the decisions and financial performance of senior stakeholders and their teams throughout the relevant business area
- Strong commercial skills
- Good strategic outlook. Joins the dots between long term strategy and financial performance, whilst dealing with ambiguity
- Proven ability to adapt style of financial information presentation to suit a range of stakeholders, both financial and non-financial.
- Extensive experience in Financial analysis and investment appraisal, with track record of successful delivery
- Planning forecasting and budgeting expert
- Demonstrated Business Partner experience to act as a trusted advisor using strategic insight to deliver tangible performance improvements
- Proactively maintaining continued professional development under relevant accountancy body or other recognised professional development
- Strong understanding of how value is generated and of operating within a regulated business environment
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.