A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
National Grid is hiring a Director, Commercial Portfolio Performance in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Director, Commercial Portfolio Performance will lead the management of National Grid’s portfolio of growth products and services by evaluating how products make money and identifying ways to maximize profitability and ongoing performance. The role enables the success and commerciality of four product management teams focused on Clean Transportation, Distributed Energy Resources, and Customer Energy Management by leading a team of trusted advisors focused on analytical support and expertise. The role will contribute to generating $100M in new earnings by collaborating with product owners and driving accountability and product management excellence.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Contributes to $100M earnings goal through ongoing performance management and opportunity/risk evaluation, including leading monthly Growth Review Meeting chaired by Chief Customer Officer and SVP Business & Regulatory Strategy.
- Supports product managers in establishing product development operations that test new product ideas with agility by utilizing centralized/consistent stage gates, decision-making rubrics, roadmapping techniques, and progress tracking
- Drive an organization-wide focus on performance incentive mechanisms (PIMs), including design of PIMs portfolios for future rate cases and maximization of earnings opportunities for existing PIMs.
- Leads the development and review of existing business models for products and services. Guides the research and analysis of key themes to ensure profitability and balance for product portfolio and pipeline of new products under development
- Identifies and implements opportunities to streamline the product portfolio and bundle products together to maximize product penetration. Prepares relevant documentation so that all stakeholders are fully informed. Ensures all evidence or statistics are documented.
- Manages regulatory relationships through relationship owners (or directly where appropriate) to ensure regulators and other stakeholders are kept up to date with relevant National Grid products and programs. Understands and follows internal and external compliance requirements/standards/reporting timelines and adjusts as necessary.
- Allocate resources and provide the necessary training and coaching to develop a performance-based culture of continuous improvement and ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members to ensure their effective development to meet their personal aspirations and future business needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all internal stakeholders both inside and outside of own organization (e.g. Product Managers, Sales/Delivery Teams, Regulatory, Marketing, etc.), including identifying cross-vertical product opportunities or risks
- Serve as “Chief of Staff” to Product Growth VP, including representing Product Growth in various internal/external forums, running staff meetings, and centralizing strategic activity.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Customer and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or social science related areas and 10+ years of related experience, or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree/credits are preferred.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong oral and written communications/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement capabilities
- Valid driver’s license required
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.