Job DescriptionApply Now
Corporate Safety Program ManagerJob ID 20173189 Date posted 11/08/2017
- Work closely with Safety counterparts and SHE Directors to standardize and introduce new safety initiatives and programs, and work to gain review and update existing programs.
- Coordinate Safety Program project teams, drawing subject matter expertise from relevant areas of the Safety group and the wider Company.
- Provide reports on progress, risks to delivery, and overall performance metrics for the Program Management function.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within the Safety function.
- Will serve as the champion for high level safety programs related to Contractor Safety and Personal Protective Equipment for the organisation.
- Work with Learning & Development to ensure that the intention of regulatory guidelines are being interpreted correctly within employee training programs which will support change and innovation within National Grid.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 5+ years analytical experience.
- Strong project management experience and expertise.
- Working knowledge and experience in program management principles, tools and techniques.
- Strong skills in negotiations, presentation, communication, and critical analysis.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally to the organization; may include negotiation and presentation skills.
- Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity.
- Ability to act in a lead role for project/work assignment by providing guidance and/or direction to SHE Organization members and members of the wider business..
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and complex, major initiatives of significant scope, including unconventional projects.
- Demonstrates the ability network internally and externally and to develop successful, long-lasting business partnerships with others and seeks to understand and challenge business scenarios to the benefit of all parties.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation in order to clearly articulate the findings and anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps.
- Requires the ability to think from first principles and demonstrates ability to challenge processes and use knowledge or trends to look at current situations.
- Bachelors Degree (BSc) in Safety or related science/engineering field and significant experience (5 – 7 years) within the field of safety management is desired. Will demonstrate the ability to apply and modify complex theories and learned concepts appropriately.
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist designation or related certification(s) preferred.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory safety issues affecting the industry and how they will impact National Grid.
- The role is an individual contributor with no direct reports.
- This role does not manage a defined budget.
- Acts as a consultant/advisor across the business, and must effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.