Job DescriptionApply Now
Business Architecture, Program PartnerJob ID 20171871 Date posted 07/19/2017
About the Position:
To provide strategic and tactical support to the Shaping our Future program across the UK, US and Function, ensuring the delivery of the overall Shaping our Future program, whilst providing insight and value.
- Work directly with specific “Shaping our Future” teams in the UK, US and Functions to understand, advise, challenge and contribute where necessary on key program deliverables, supporting the delivery of appropriate plans, milestone tracking and issue resolution.
- To robustly challenge and review program delivery using pre agreed KPIs. Driving forward mitigation strategies where required.
- Proactively build excellent stakeholder relationships across the Shaping our Future program.
- To collaborate across the program to share best practice (internal and external) regarding Shaping our Future deliverables across the program and into Business Architecture, building sustainable partnerships across business units.
- To support the overall organizational design for NG plc, identifying requirements which may necessitate the need for evolution. Where evolution is identified, in conjunction with key stakeholders, support the program of work to deliver identified changes.
- To support the PMO with the production of the overall assurance approach to the Group Executive committee.
- To contribute / lead where required on the production of wider comms / messaging materials such as Senior Leadership materials
- To contribute to the development and set up of Business Architecture and Business Excellence.
- An excellent track record of engaging stakeholders. Develops a wider internal and external perspective, adapting approach where necessary. Shows curiosity, digging to get to the root of a situation, below the surface.
- Strongly demonstrates the ability to listen and understand the business themes, trends or consequences of a situation in order to develop and implement an appropriate next course of action.
- A clear track record in supporting strategic and tactical change, fostering innovation and informed approaches to achieve business goals. Adapts their approach to suit the audience. Finds a better way
- Drives for results. Anticipates and takes the initiative to resolve potential crises. Is able to trace several consequences of actions or multiple chains of events.
- Ability to constructively challenge, asking relevant and sometimes difficult questions, to encourage the business to consider new opportunities and drive performance.
- Good working knowledge of performance excellence.
- Experience of project management and change management skills and knowledge.
- 3 – 5 years of Stakeholder Management experience.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Program Management experience.
- Start and finish with the customer
- Delivers excellent performance
- Leads through ambiguity and change
- Coach and challenge your team
- Stakeholder Management – advanced
- Program Management - advanced
- Performance excellence – skilled
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.