Associate Engineer, Technology Deployment
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
- Team player
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares about their employee’s best interest. ”Natalie Terhaar Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight to the company’s goals. ”Katie Information Systems
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact with all our business groups and connect with different people on a daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”Kelsey Kennedy Associate Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer satisfaction. ”Martin Sobers Lead Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and operational efficiency. ”Cedric Williams VP Complex Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project Team
We support developing the skills and capabilities of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young people gain meaningful employment.Learn more about our Student Programs
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for engaging with transmission business (engineering, asset management, and operations) to evaluate, implement, and develop new technology to deploy on our transmission networks (including line and station monitoring, power flow control and energy storage)
- Conducts all program and performance management and administration for technology deployments to ensure pilots and demonstration are providing value and all new capabilities are being implemented into business processes working with process and performance excellence teams
- Responsible for knowledge transfer such that technologies are being adapted into our asset management and engineering capabilities
- Engages with external partners (universities, vendors, national labs) to better collaborate on technology deployments and ensure National Grid is leveraging best in class learnings and capabilities development when deploying new technologies, including alignment with UK National Grid ETO Innovation team
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in engineering (familiarity with technology deployment and pilot development preferred)
- 0-4 years of relevant work experience
- Analytical skills
- Experience working independently on multiple simultaneous initiatives
- Entrepreneur mentality
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.