Analyst, Technical Delivery Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Are you passionate about building quality software? Is your mission “Help others to be productive”? Have you worked in software engineering teams and delivered software solutions to internal customers?
National Grid IT team is currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented software engineer to implement the application lifecycle management (ALM) using Atlassian & open source products. You will work with solutions & service development teams to resolve issues and ensure quality throughout the development and release process. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams.
The Atlassian Administrator will focus on the full lifecycle of the Atlassian product suite. Develop workflows, reports and dashboards for operational metrics and integration of Atlassian tools with Microsoft Project Online & ServiceNow to meet IT solutions delivery objectives. Atlassian tools you will:
- Implement workflows for Requirements, Source Code, Test Cases, Defects and
- Create, manage, and support administrative functions for the Atlassian & other open source development and build products.
- Evaluate and manage the use of Atlassian plug-ins and add-ons to meet business needs.
- Create complex JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence workflows, screen, permission, and notification schemes.
- Design & manage complex Jira and Confluence queries and develop reports and dashboards for monitoring operations metrics.
- Develop, test, and deploy integrations between Atlassian products and other internal systems.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Atlassian products, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices.
- Promote adoption and best practice of Atlassian suite amongst the user-community
- At least 7 years of software development experience working with 3+ years’ experience in Atlassian and other open source software build tools (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, etc) administration
- Proficient in Agile development tools and methodologies
- Ability to foster and role model a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with global solutions development teams (US & UK)
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or in related field
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now