Analyst ,Emerging Products Group
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
- Team player
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares about their employee’s best interest. ”Natalie Terhaar Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight to the company’s goals. ”Katie Information Systems
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact with all our business groups and connect with different people on a daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”Kelsey Kennedy Associate Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer satisfaction. ”Martin Sobers Lead Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and operational efficiency. ”Cedric Williams VP Complex Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project Team
We support developing the skills and capabilities of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young people gain meaningful employment.Learn more about our Student Programs
About the Position:
Do you want to be part of a growing team of product management specialists that will contribute to a visionary operating profit goal for the enterprise? Are you passionate about creative energy solutions? The Analyst will work closely with the Product Managers to bring new products and services to life. You will perform product management related duties such as running a product line, identifying and leading new product development initiatives, performing market assessments and analyzing sales and margin data. As a key member of a shared resource team, you will be supporting one of the product areas: transportation, solar & storage, connected facilities, or financing services. You will become a trusted partner to the business and your market/business insights and thought leadership will be welcome and sought after.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Resolves customers' needs and desires by primary and secondary market research.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products; assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and vendor partners
- Develops value propositions for new products and services
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, return-on-investment analyses and other special reports.
- Assists in bringing new products to market by developing time-integrated plans with sales, engineering, delivery groups, and vendors.
- Sets product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Analyzes sales activity to establish where specifically designed marketing tactics are needed to help further drive sales of respective products.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required (graduate degree strongly preferred) and 3+ years of work experience required; experience in product management in large/complex environments is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and comfortable working in a matrix organization and effectively engaging with multiple partners at various levels in the organization.
- Experience in and understanding of the US energy (electricity and natural gas) sector, regulatory/technology/business issues impacting the utility industry and future trends is helpful.
- Strong collaboration skills. The team is a specialized team that shares resources across projects.
- Strong project management and quantitative skills
- Aim for continuous development, both personally and for the team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.