Analyst, Emerging Products Group Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring an Analyst, Emerging Products Group in our Customer organization in Waltham, MA.
Do you want to be part of a growing team of product management specialists that will contribute to a visionary operating profit goal for the enterprise? Are you passionate about creative energy solutions? The Analyst will work closely with the Product Managers to bring new products and services to life. You will perform product management related duties such as running a product line, identifying and leading new product development initiatives, performing market assessments and analyzing sales and margin data. As a key member of a shared resource team, you will be supporting one of the product areas: transportation, solar & storage, connected facilities, or financing services. You will become a trusted partner to the business and your market/business insights and thought leadership will be welcome and sought after.
- Resolves customers' needs and desires by primary and secondary market research.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products; assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and vendor partners
- Develops value propositions for new products and services
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, return-on-investment analyses and other special reports.
- Assists in bringing new products to market by developing time-integrated plans with sales, engineering, delivery groups, and vendors.
- Sets product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Analyzes sales activity to establish where specifically designed marketing tactics are needed to help further drive sales of respective products.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience required; experience in product management in large/complex environments is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and comfortable working in a matrix organization and effectively engaging with multiple partners at various levels in the organization.
- Experience preferred in understanding the US energy (electricity and natural gas) sector, regulatory/technology/business issues impacting the utility industry and future trends.
- Strong collaborator, as the team shares resources across projects.
- Strong project management and quantitative skills
- Aim for continuous development, both personally and for the team.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now