Job DescriptionApply Now
Analyst, Asset Management (Assoc., Sr., Lead)Job ID 20180032 Date posted 01/10/2018
About the Position:
The Gas Business Enablement project is a major long-terminvestment in our US gas business to enhance compliance, improve customerservice, rate case strategy and performance. This newly created projectwill be a significant undertaking for the business as we standardize andsimplify our operational processes, upgrade the technical systems they run on,build on our compliance programs in a rapidly changing external environment,develop and enhance how we use technology in the field and ensure we have theright talent and resource plans to successfully deliver to our customers. The Analyst, Work and Scheduling Management position is a highly role and willrequire a long-term commitment to the success of the Gas Enablement Team.
PositionResponsibilities (including but not limited to):
The primary responsibilityof the Analyst, Asset Managementrole is to assist in the development and delivery of standardized end-to-endprocesses to support the future business. The Analyst in Asset Managementwill collaborate across all Asset Management, Engineering, and Operations Areasdriving for consistency across all legacy operating companies with specificefforts to improve efficiency and leverage best practices.
This individual willwork very closely with the Performance Excellence Organization by leveragingthe capabilities (i.e. personnel, methodology and tools) to identifyopportunities for improvement in safety, operations, performance management,customer service and compliance. This role will assist a team of internaland external consultant partners aligned with the Work and SchedulingManagement Process. The successful candidate will assist working groupsactively collaborating in the development and delivery of improved end to endprocesses, through diagnosis, design, test/refine and implementation phaseswhile minimizing disturbance to the day to day business and ensuring compliancewith regulations.
Key Accountabilities, inthe assistance role:
- Analyze, design, and deliver new business processes related to Asset Management and Engineering Design and Graphical Information System Management.
- Work with the business and other stakeholders to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements.
- Identifies and escalates project risks, financial risks and employee resistance; partners with Director, CMO to develop change activities to mitigate risks and gain alignment with US Gas business leaders and key stakeholders.
- Set up and maintain requirements.
- Work with the internal team and consulting partners to define metrics and performance goals.
- Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the business, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results, performance, and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews of the end to end process designs, and other requirements to ensure they fulfill the requirements of the Gas Business.
- Serve as a liaison to the business community. Participate in a user and task analysis to maintain the business community's perspective. Ability to work with both union represented and management personnel to build engagement and design ease of use and sustainability into new processes and systems.
- Serve as a resource for the change enablement team as they evaluate training and performance support needs and design the training and performance support products.
Knowledge& Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in an engineering/analytical business discipline or demonstrated experience with a considerable breadth and depth across maintenance, customer service, asset management, capital delivery and emergency response, preferably in implementing large scale change in a customer focused organization.
- 2+ years’ experience at Grid working with Operations teams or equivalent.
- Experience with activities focused on delivering superior operational performance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work cooperatively across diverse teams with potentially conflicting goals and objectives,
- Experience working on a broad team comprised of diverse expertise and skills
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, field operations, organization structure, budgetary process, regulatory processes and labor agreements.
- Strong MS Office suite, project management software skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Analytical Thinking: Sees multiple relationships with the project or program, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation to establish contingency plans.
- Information Seeking: Establishes the facts by digging deeper, asking probing questions and challenging initial responses from different sources.
- Impact and Influence: Adapts approach and considers what is important to the audience by tailoring message accordingly.
- Leveraging Networks: Actively builds and maintains a network of relationships, both internal and external to the organization.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Possesses positive expectations for team members and expresses regard for them and encouragement.
- Adaptability: Is receptive to change and is willing to change ideas or opinions based on new information, program variations and project scope changes.
This position has acareer path which provides for promotional opportunities within and acrossbands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience,expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
The selected candidatewill move laterally at their current band and market reference point and willnot be eligible for a promotion at the time of accepting thisposition. This applies to candidates moving within the same careerpath (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path(e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selectedcandidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path duringthe annual salary planning process.
National Grid is anequal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent,knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a cultureof inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superiorperformance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud tobe an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women,individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Gridteam.