Senior Surveyor, Land Surveying Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
- To provide lines of business with high-quality, accurate, and timely land surveying services.
- To supervise and direct land surveying activities to assist in the establishment of transmission and distribution facilities, substations, buildings, and other facilities company-wide.
- To interpret land and property records and documents for corporate clients.
- Supervise surveying activity required for electric/gas line, substation projects, new facilities, major additions, rehabilitation, and retrofit projects.
- Provide input to project team during various phases of projects, concept, design, construction, and as-built.
- Develop and maintain specifications required to insure that deliverables adhere to Company standards.
- Provide Survey consulting for peers within the Real Estate, Engineering, Attorneys, Environmental and Design groups.
- Review survey-related maps and engineering reports as required to assure quality and accuracy.
- Prepare comprehensive written and oral reports of problems, findings, and solutions.
- Edit and update GIS with respect to real property assets as required.
- Determine customer needs, provide cost estimates and schedules as required.
- Contract services and monitor deliverables.
- Interact with various team members to complete projects.
- Extensive knowledge in areas of Land Surveying including; Boundary determination, Planimetric, Topographic, Hydrographic, Alignment, and Construction layout.
- Capacity to implement change.
- Ability to manage staff that includes a mix of professional and contract labor.
- Capability to provide customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Knowledge of utility construction methodologies.
- Ability to research and interpret land and conveyance records, both public and private and to communicate that information to non-surveyors.
- Understanding of accounting, finance, marketing, and property law.
- Skilled at interpreting paper and electronic mapping systems.
- Data Collection, Total Stations, GPS, Lidar…
- Software, CADD, GIS
- Deep understanding of coordinate projections and conversions.
- Knowledgeable in areas of Land Surveying including Boundary Determination, Planimetric, Topographic, Hydrographic, Alignment, and Construction layout.
- Computer experience, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Four (4) year Degree from accredited college preferably in Business/Real Estate/Civil Engineering/Surveying, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current registration as a Land Surveyor in New York State.
- Able to research and interpret land and conveyance records, both public and private.
- Ability to interpret paper and electronic mapping systems.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in Utility Engineering or Property Surveying.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and other assignments at the same time.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution proficiency.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, and an ability and willingness to use personal vehicle on Company business.
- Availability for evening and weekend meetings.
- Travel within National Grid service territory.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now