Senior Data Analyst, Management Data Analysis Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is seeking a Senior Data Analyst for a position within our Telecommunication department in our Syracuse, NY location
This position will provide support services to the Telecom Engineering (TE) Department such as gathering and analyzing data and producing reports to support cost effective and timely delivery of capital projects as well as to provide relevant and up to date information to support decision making & efficient business execution for the department.
- Coordinating the replacement of leased circuits that are being impacted by the Verizon’s copper to fiber conversion for the next several years.
- Tracking & Coordinating the ordering of circuits, Non-Standard Service Request (NSSR) for Verizon Business Services, survey, site access, contracts, and dealing with construction groups across NE and NY.
- Maintaining and updating our leased and private circuit database.
- Providing telecom support to Distributed Generation(DG) Customers, Transmission Interconnection Customers, and Municipals on circuit issues that may not need our telecom engineers’ involvement.
- Providing support to our telecom engineers on Shared Telecom Network (STN) billing and accounting issues.
- Providing support to our engineers on FCC License Applications (new and renewal) as well as FCC and FAA compliance issues.
- Providing support to our telecom engineers and TE Manager on circuit cost analysis, annual circuit cost and communications tower/co-location/dark fiber leases budget projection, and lease renewal & amendments.
- Assisting our telecom engineers with ordering, tracking, invoice processing for telecom equipment & services for capital projects and tracking & processing transaction for P-Card.
- Assisting TE department to create, track, and manage telecom documentation and drawings.
- Processing & responding to telecom requests from internal and external customers.
- Preforming other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Telecom Engineering.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Work well in a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience OR an Associate’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of substation engineering materials used for construction and engineering drawings is desired.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to work independently or in groups to achieve objectives.
- Ability to research, compile, coordinate, schedule, review, document, organize and verify data and conduct independent analysis to identify inconsistencies.
- Proficient organizational skills to be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be detail oriented with demonstrated ability to review accuracy of own work to ensure all details are completed.
- Proficient in relevant software (i.e. MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, SAP, Power Plan, Cascade) and query tools (i.e. SAP, Business Objects).
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally to the organization.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now