Revenue Cycle Mgmt Assoc 1 Apply Now
About the Position:
Under general supervision, perform administrative and advanced revenue cycle management duties. Perform a full range of assignments consisting of related steps, processes or methods. Exercise initiative in completing recurring work while using judgment and procedures. Requires knowledge of the end to end Meter to Cash (M2C) processes and perform work including, but not limited to, the following:
- Open, deliver, route, scan, log and process incoming correspondence (faxes, mail, emails, return mail/email)
- Process and track Automated Clearing House (ACH) notification, return items, online lockbox decision tools, return checks, field collector payments, return and fee reports
- Basic account updates, field orders and outbound calls based on account parameters (Service application Management, payment agreements, applications, medical emergency cut-ins, connects/disconnects, protections, account riders, meter reads, leave on for landlord, payments, long term estimates, report lists, contacts, program enrollment, borderline billing, non-qualifying letters and Unable To Complete)
- Perform out outbound C&I collections calls on accounts with balances <$5,000 (excluding high risk or managed accounts) and outside collection agency work
- Research, reconcile and resolve customer, agency, internal clients/billing owners/partners, banks inquires including account research, billing and adjustments (customer and billing owner inquiries, payments in suspense, payment investigations, crediting fees, removing cash only status, transferring payment amounts, duplicate bills, prepare documentation statements/correspondence, transferring balances, customer refunds, collection agency reports, discharges, suspends, DSS, government services website, claims backup, DSS agencies, bank, billing, collection vendors, internal billing owners, life support, cross system inquiries and energy suppliers)
- Investigate and process billing, service order, collections, payment and audit/control related systems exceptions for timely and accurate revenue recognition
- Process financial account transactions to ensure accurate account billing, balances, revenue and General Ledger (G/L) accuracy (bankruptcy, disputes, sales tax, debit/credit adjustments, deposit maintenance, suspends, vouchers, G/L activities, final bill disputes, customer directed payments, collection agency manual payments, bank issued, HEAP and cross system payments)
- Perform and coordinate revenue loss mitigation activities such as pole cuts, field collections, gas safety compliance, consumption on inactive accounts, stopped meter, theft and other loss activities
- Communicate with external customers, business partners, vendors and other employees
- NOTE: Exceptions in RCM are commonly referred to as “WFM”, “Queues”
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, vendors and other employees
- Sound knowledge of internal customer, financial and operational systems.
- Advanced use of computer software (Email, MS Office Suite) and office technologies
- Solid math skills
- Ability to investigate, review and reconcile financial transactions.
- Ability to create and update excel or system files/reports
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree preferred).
- 1-3 years of Customer Service or Financial Business Experience in an office setting.
- Demonstrated experience of common business applications such as Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Satisfactory completion of validated skills testing, as determined by the Company.
Step increase up to 3 years in 12 month increments (Steps 1-4)
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.