Back Office Customer Service Representative Apply Now
About the Position:
Under general supervision, perform administrative customer service / revenue cycle management duties. Perform a full range of assignments consisting of related steps, processes or methods. Exercise initiative in completing recurring work while using judgment and procedures.
Representatives will be provided with adequate training to allow them to perform the positions responsibilities.
• Open, deliver, route, scan, log and process incoming correspondence (faxes, mail, emails, return mail/email)
• Process and track Automated Clearing House (ACH) notification, return items, exception payments, return checks, field collector payments, return and fee reports
• Basic customer account updates, field orders and outbound calls.
• Perform out outbound C&I collections calls on accounts with balances <$5,000 (excluding high risk or managed accounts) and outside collection agency work
• Investigate and resolve customer, agency, internal clients or banks inquiries including account research, billing and adjustments
• Investigate and process billing, service order, collections, payment and audit/control related systems exceptions for timely and accurate revenue recognition
• Process financial account transactions to ensure accurate account billing, balances, revenue and General Ledger accuracy
• Perform and coordinate revenue loss mitigation activities such as pole cuts, field collections, gas safety compliance, consumption on inactive accounts, stopped meter, theft and other loss activities
• Communicate with internal/external customers/vendors
• Excellent communication skills with external customers, vendors and other employees
• Sound knowledge of internal customer, financial and operational systems.
• Advanced use of computer software (Email, MS Office Suite) and office technologies
• Solid math skills
• Ability to investigate, review and reconcile financial transactions.
• Ability to create and update excel or system files/reports
• High School Diploma required (Associate’s Degree preferred).
• 1-3 years of Customer Service or Financial Business Experience in an office setting.
• Demonstrated experience of common business applications such as Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
• Must possess excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
• Satisfactory completion of validated skills testing, as determined by the Company.
Step increase up to 3 years in 12 month increments (Steps 1-4)
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.