Manager, Payroll & Time Keeping Apply Now
Manage the performance of the timekeeping process including; data capture of time worked, absences, accounting data, and other variable data; and management approval. Through oversight of core timekeeping processes and analytical reporting of premium pay opportunities, deliver value to Services Delivery Center customers through improved employee pay and accounting accuracy and enhanced controls.
**THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SYRACUSE, NY**
- Lead, motivate and develop a professional team; prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
- Oversee matrixed teams in the core timekeeping processes of schedule set-up and maintenance; time and work order entry; and manager approvals to ensure high levels of accuracy, timeliness and performance against targets.
- Ensure systems and processes are well controlled and compliant with all regulations and laws, including Sarbanes Oxley
- Integrate end-to-end use of PEx tools into the timekeeping and related processes to drive greater efficiencies for Services Delivery Center customers.
- Analyze the time reporting and pay results to identify operational opportunities across jurisdiction, labor contract, time reporting channel, and any other logical reporting unit.
- Manage and develop existing and new tools used by National Grid employees to update schedules; capture time and accounting data; and approvals in order to maintain targeted accuracy, timeliness and best practice.
- Translate business objectives into clearly defined plans and schedules in order to support achievement of process, management and payment targets.
- Develop and utilize peer group network within SDC; Operations Work Support; CMS and finance in order to absorb and apply technical/professional best practice within timekeeping management.
- Challenge existing processes and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies for the business through a focus on accuracy, productivity and customer service.
- Degree/professional qualification and/or in-depth experience within payroll, human resources or a finance/accounting related transactional area.*
- Experience of managing teams in a high volume / target driven operational function. *
- Understanding of ERP systems, with particular attention to Timekeeping and Payroll
- Significant experience managing major financial and control procurement processes
- Knowledge of labor contracts; FLSA and state wage & hour laws.
- Understanding of appropriate project planning/risk management methodologies
- Good understanding of Process Excellence.
- Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating operational teams.
- Proven influencing skills, able to influence at senior levels, internally and externally
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now