Manager Electricity Project Controls (New York) Apply Now
National Grid is hiring a Manager for Electricity Project Controls for our New York projects. This position will help lead our expanding Capital Delivery Project Controls team, and will be based from our Syracuse or Albany office.
About the Position:
The Manager for Electricity Project Controls team in New York is accountable for providing schedule analysis, integrated cost and schedule analysis (earned value) and change control support to the Project Managers in Complex Capital Delivery. The team will also support program, cost and forecasting assurance on behalf of the business.
- Ensure project schedules are effectively managed and reflect the forecast and scope left to be completed.
- Ensure schedule and cost support is provided to the Project Managers in order to challenge contractors change order.
- Ensure support is provided to the Project Managers to help understanding their cost and schedule interactions.
- Ensure the interactions between different projects in a portfolio are understood. Make sure robust analysis (Critical Path, Total Float etc.) of both individual projects and the portfolio has taken place where necessary.
- Support the project managers in the change control process for baseline changes and contingency management.
- Resolve any data quality issues that arise with either the schedules or actual costs.
- Act as a point of escalation and use their project controls experience to the good of the teams they support
- Provide the necessary leadership to their direct reports.
- Work collaboratively with the wider business to achieve the overall business goals of achieving efficiencies in the delivery of Capex.
Knowledge & ExperienceRequired:
- 7+ years’ experience in project management, construction or schedule management or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience.
- Considerable proven experience and expert knowledge in team leadership, earned value, schedule development, cost analysis
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors and regulatory representative
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.
- Has experience in understanding project Management metrics and can drive pre-emptive actions to ensure projects are delivered to time and cost.
- Knowledge of the typical projects that National Grid undertakes including their durations, issues, typical durations etc.
- Understanding of how individual projects interact with each other as a result of the National Grid outage plan (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of the environment in which Complex Capital Delivery operates. Examples of this include health & safety legislation, key pieces of planning legislation including the process around article 7.
- Must have Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must have Oracle P6 skills. It is desirable but not essential that the individual would have knowledge of P6 Analytics, Microsoft Project and Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Experience working under tight deadlines.
- Experienced in influencing, persuading, communicating, challenging and negotiating.
- Experienced in recruiting, continually training and leading a group of Project Controls professionals.
- Employees: Manager (9-10 direct reports)
- Financial: Support the schedules of the complex capital delivery projects, worth circa $1.2 billion per annum
- Main interfaces – External.
- Specialist Services, Senior Stakeholders/Contractors.
- Main interfaces – Internal.
- Asset Management, Engineering, PMCC, Contracts and Commercial, Estimating, Procurement, Legal.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job:US Complex Capital Delivery
Organisation:US Complex Capital Delivery
Job Posting:Apr 15, 2018, 10:23:16 PM
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now