A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
About National Grid
The world of energy is changing faster than ever. At National Grid, the work you do will touch lives and shape the way we use and consume energy for generations to come. Whether you’re fresh out of school or an experienced professional, a career with us means a place at the leading edge. It means thrilling potential and the support for training and development to reach your goals. Because, as National Grid -looks to the future, our people will move forward, too.
- Employee Resource Groups: ERGs at National Grid contribute to our shared future. They engage our employees and organization in creating and maintaining an inclusive workforce. Each group has a vision and mission to support recruitment, retention, talent development and market outreach. Our ERGs provide employees with career building, volunteering, networking and peer mentoring opportunities, along with the chance to engage with senior leaders across the company.
- Volunteering: From Earth Day volunteering to United Way donations to regular blood drives and departments’ ongoing community service days, caring National Grid employees are out there in the communities we serve. We’re donating funds to meet community needs ranging from helping the environment to educating tomorrow’s workforce and taking advantage of the company’s charitable matching contribution program. Together, we make a real difference.
- Benefits: The benefits we offer are a strong part of what employees’ value most about working at National Grid. Indicative of our Live Brighter culture are the range of benefits that support work/life balance, health and financial wellbeing, and cross-generational needs. Our benefits are competitive and innovative, providing choice, flexibility, and balance to employees in all stages of work and life. You can learn more about our health, dental, and voluntary benefit plan offerings through the digital benefits guide at NGBenefitsLiveBrighter.com
About the Position:
National Grid’s Customer Connections in the Customer Contact Center is an entry level full-time represented position that offers qualified candidates an opportunity to join a challenging, fast paced environment. Due to the essential nature of the services we provide our customers National Grid’s Contact Center’s hours of operation are 24/7 and accepted applicants will be expected to work any shifts/hours including overtime as needed by the business to support our Customer Centric objectives.
Under general supervisor have the ability to perform the following job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications, including without limitation:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Residential Moves and AI process
- Update/review customer information;
- Utilize Company information systems to triage, track update activities;
- Apply the prescribed company standards guides, specifications practices and procedures;
- Perform FACTA requirements;
- Issue/Reissue field orders;
- Process payments;
- Collection Process-UCB, active collections and collection arraignments;
- Triage contractor calls;
- Issue emergency ESR;
- Process ESR’ GSR requests, with corresponding AI components
- Set up premise for initial connection orders;
- New/Upgrade/Fast Track/Demolition/ Relocation Services;
- Transfer and Assign order to appropriate IL2 & IL3 Job Owner;
- Administer municipal inspection process;
- Maintain Multi Meter Sets/Connects to field for residential and commercial accounts not manager by RAS;
- Process Web/Email/Right Fax orders associated with initial connection orders;
- Real time AI document review process;
- Review, assign and add documentation in STORMS and CSS applications;
- Process miscellaneous WFMs to progress job completion;
- Send all applicable forms and literature to process customer requests;
- Storm/ Outage Backup Support;
- Initial Rate classification assignments; and
- Issue Gas/Electric Emergency Outage Orders
- Must pass Korn Ferry assessment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Establish Service Representative 1 shall progress to Establish Service Representative 1A at 12 months
- Establish Service Representative 1A shall progress to Establish Service Representative 1B at 12 months
- Establish Service Representative 1B shall post and bid to Establish Service Representative 2
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.