Analyst, Finance Services Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To assist with reporting business area financial performance, and assist in developing reports and reviewing for accuracy. Provides data entry support and reporting assistance.
- Assist in the review of accounting transactions to produce accurate and credible financial data.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and obtains sign-off to ensure timely submission for Reporting.
- Support implementation of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures to drive performance.
- Support the review of accounting and reconciliation to identify discrepancies and produce accurate and credible data.
- Review accrual activities and performs reconciles plant transactions.
- Review accounting transactions and identifies manual accruals to ensure allocation to appropriate accounts for accurate and credible data.
- Support and enable the adoption of change processes across finance through supporting and establishing change communications and plans.
- Provide financial and performance reporting on spend and operational costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounting roles with process review with increasing responsibility, CPA Preferred.
- Utility accounting experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Access.
- Ability to provide QA and governance processes support.
- Demonstrated ability to document governance processes and identify risks.
- Experience managing competing priorities while maintaining compliance.
- Ability to work cross-functionally on finance processes.
- Background in utility service business activities and projects.
- Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now