A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high energy, problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you a successful Customer Service team player at Nationalgrid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Technology Savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“National Grid changed my life and I’m pretty sure it will change yours too”
Supervisor Customer Contact Center
“Our Contact Center employees are the frontline of our organization.”
“I love what I do, I love what our organization stands for.”
Customer Contact Center Job Preview
Becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US. National Grid is aiming for an in-person GDP experience for Summer 2021. However, we will continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 and will shift to a virtual program if necessary, in order to honor our commitment to our young talent pipeline.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through frequent development sessions and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
About the Position
Digital Delivery within the Marketing & Product Growth Customer organization exists to provide strategic frameworks and oversight that drive step changes in digital customer experience through data and the digitization of the brand from a holistic view of digital omni channel engagement. The team collaborates with the business to ensure that the right balance is struck between the needs of the customer and the company when proposing Omni Channel Self Service Experience Strategy. Digital Performance Management, Social Channel Engagement, and the day to day operation of the web from a content standpoint are further key areas of focus. The Digital Specialist will serve as the coordinator for all marketing campaigns that need to be executed by the delivery team. The specialist will engage & coordinate closely with internal and external partners accomplish this. Key stakeholders include but are not limited to: Jurisdictional teams, Corporate Affairs, and Energy Efficiency.
- Support planning, development and implementation plans to connect social media, text, and email for message effectiveness and increased self-service transactions among customers.
- Support holistic monthly voice of the customer KPI discussions to inform customer performance dashboard and performance hubs to communications satisfaction among customers.
- Support Product Owners and Digital Performance team to leverage analytics, best practices and learnings to support each other’s goals collectively as a team.
- Support the PIO on major incidents such as storms through proactive engagement towards customers on the web, social media, mobile (app and text) and email channels.
- Monitor the external marketplace to identify best practices and emerging trends and apply knowledge to put in place improvements in National Grid’s use of our digital channels and communications for customers.
- Collect and consolidate customer insights and develop a holistic customer communications process.
- Gather insights from market research channels and lines of business (i.e. CRC, surveys, insights, customer council, ad-hoc surveys, etc.) and make recommendations to improve the customer experience through social and digital channels (text, web, email, etc.)
- Support and engage with cross functional internal / external business partners- including, but not limited to Product growth, customer innovation, customer enablement and process working groups to identify/ mitigate risks, duplication of efforts and influence future state design to ensure delivery of a holistic customer experience.
- Ensure customer responses and recommended solutions are consistent across content web, social, text, email, and any other digital channels that may be implemented.
- Support the promotion of social media best practices to business partners for greater adoption, awareness and building relationships to nurture and grow social media channels.
Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2021 or June 21, 2021
Valid driver’s license
Proven leadership experience
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
Experienced user of all social media channels and familarity with social listening platforms like Hootsuite, Sprkinlr, and Tagboard
Strong problem solving, analytical, computer skills including the following: Adobe, Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Access)
Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States
News, debate and analysis on the US energy industry
U.S. Connecting is our thought-leadership site providing news, debate and analysis for internal and extrenal audiences.