Job DescriptionApply Now
Global Cyber Security Operations ManagerJob ID 20172087 Date posted 08/08/2017
About the Position:
National Grid is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world - covering Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and the UK. We are at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing our society, delivering clean energy to support our world long into the future. Everyday we work with stakeholders to promote the development and implementation of sustainable, innovative and affordable energy solutions.
In this role, you will plan, direct and control the functions and operations of the 24/7 Managed Security Services, Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC).
You will monitor and analyze security events to protect National Grid information and assets from unauthorized access, misuse, modification or destruction. You will escalate to appropriate business units for validation/investigation. You will
ensure adherence to regulatory compliance, federal and state laws governing information security and industry best practices.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Direct the functions, processes, and operations of the SOC and ensures policies, procedures, and objectives align with industry best practices
- Lead the operations of the SOC to ensure optimal identification/resolution of security incidents, and enhance client security
- Manage the collection, documentation and research of security events generated by the SOC monitoring platform
- Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend/execute change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements
- Oversee the monitoring, identification and resolution of security events to detect threats through analysis, investigations and prioritization of events based on risk/exposure
- Manage outsourced and in-house SOC services for quality performance and fulfilment of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Develop and maintain an incident response management program that includes incident detection, analysis, containment, eradication, recovery and chain of evidence/ forensic artifacts required for additional investigations
- Develop, maintain, and submit SOC compliance reports as required by the client
- Develop appropriate response strategies based on intelligence received
- Communicate threats to Senior Management which may impact the client
- Analyze applications functionality and new technologies to optimize effective/efficient incident review by staff and minimize client risk
- Conduct scheduled and ad hoc training exercises to ensure staff are current with the latest threats and incident response techniques
- Oversee and develop strategies to identify, detect, and prevent malicious activity
- Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
- Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
- Establish performance goals and priorities
- Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
- Develop, mentor and counsel staff
- Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
- Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
- Ensure efficiency of operations
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 10+ years of experience in the Cyber Security field.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of related work experience.
- Prior security analysis experience is required.
- Experience managing a SOC is required
- Prior MSS SOC Management experience highly desired.
- Prior Security Engineering Experience desired.
- Desirable certifications include, Security+, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
- Proficiency with case management and ticketing systems
- Superior customer service skills
- Phone and remote support experience, knowledge and resolution ability
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
- Ability to mentor new analysts
- Experience performing analysis utilizing SIEM technologies
- Experience performing analysis utilizing IDS/AV consoles
- Strong understanding of networking and associated protocols
- ArcSight experience is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of general cyber security concepts
- Ability to pass client specific background checks is required
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.