Job DescriptionApply Now
Software Engineer, Senior/Lead/PrincipalJob ID 20173481 Date posted 11/15/2017
National Grid is one of the largest investor-owned electric and gas utility companies in the world. We are committed to being an innovative leader in energy management and in safeguarding our global environment.
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers who will help rebuild our in-house IT technical project delivery capabilities. These individuals must be self-starters, energetic and have a passion for delivering value through technology. Selected candidates will perform activities ranging from software solution design, operating architecture integration, and selection of computer applications in order to meet the needs of our business.
- Competitive and robust benefits and compensation package with bonus potential
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team, building the Information Systems group
- Growth potential through company leadership programs
- Numerous wellness programs and Company-endorsed community programs
About the Position:
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer system application software
- Perform activities ranging from software design, operating architecture integration, and selection of computer systems.
- Apply knowledge of one or more technologies, and of one or more platforms and programming languages. (ex: Oracle CIS/Fusion, Alteryx, Tableau, Salesforce, Mulesoft/API, MQ series, JCAPS)
- Apply integration and custom development expertise in industry standard programming languages to convert functional and technical requirements into business solutions.
- Create system design work products including conceptual designs and logical technical designs
- Work effectively with 3rd party suppliers
- Perform project tasks following National Grid approved Software Development Lifecycle model
- Concurrently manage multiple project assignments
- Support transformation of the IS organization into a proactive, value-added, business-focused service provider
- Demonstrate Valued Business Partner capabilities and behaviors in all interactions with colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders
- Assist with training junior software engineering staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Collage degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of professional experience demonstrating responsibility for developing solutions in support of large scale software development projects
- Experience delivering large scale projects, including development of technical requirements, testing and integration plans
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies
- Self-directed and motivated. An impeccable reputation for honesty, integrity, and for doing the right thing - a role model for others
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with third party suppliers/vendors
- Experience with cloud-computing services, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility
- Experience with native iOS or Android development
- Possession of excellent critical thinking skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communications skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, team, and relationship-building skills
- Big Data/Data Visualization/Robotics(Automation) technology experience a plus
- SAP and/or Salesforce.com development/integration experience highly desirable
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.