Marketing Communications Analyst
New York, New York, Waltham, Massachusetts, Syracuse, New York, Hicksville, New York
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
- Team player
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares about their employee’s best interest. ”Natalie Terhaar Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight to the company’s goals. ”Katie Information Systems
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact with all our business groups and connect with different people on a daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”Kelsey Kennedy Associate Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer satisfaction. ”Martin Sobers Lead Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and operational efficiency. ”Cedric Williams VP Complex Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project Team
We support developing the skills and capabilities of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young people gain meaningful employment.Learn more about our Student Programs
About the Position:
The Digital Channel Engagement team exists to elevate National Grid’s customer engagement by increasing self-service transactions, channel optimization and improving customer satisfaction across all digital touch points that matter most. The Digital Communications analyst will help to drive a personalized engagement and strategy the email channel to support the goal of driving self-service, ensuring customers feel we know them and can meet their needs. This role will be critical to helping to connect the dots across other digital channels to ensure we are enabling a seamless experience and representation of the National Grid brand. The analyst will partner closely internally and externally in order to successfully accomplish this.
- Lead the enhancements with email strategies leverage personal automation systems (i.e. Marketing Cloud) to enable faster, effective, consistent communication with National Grid customers across their journey.
- Support the implementation of a marketing automation platform that will help to ensure we have a holistic view and communication capabilities within National Grid.
- Lead the development of ongoing email templates, content calendars and emergency communication planning in partnership with key stakeholders within the company.
- Lead the development of holistic communication journey to ensure consistent communication based on the lifecycle of the customer to ensure a steady but not overwhelming stream of communications (across all channels, social, storm, marketing, etc.).
- Spearhead KPI discussions for email, mobile and social media to inform customer performance dashboard, digital performance hub and other tracking studies measuring communications satisfaction among customers.
- Partner closely with Web Channel Performance, Web Operations and Customer Experience Transformation to leverage analytics, best practices and learnings to support each other’s goals.
- Support the PIO on major incidents such as storms through proactive engagement towards customers on the web, social media, mobile (app and text) and email channels.
- Ensure all email, mobile and social media efforts are in compliance with regulatory standards, data security, legal requirements and governance.
- Establish strategies, and work with team to document, distribute and translate into processes and procedures that drive greater efficiencies for National Grid and ensure compliance with regulatory standards, data security, legal requirements and governance.
- Provide accurate monthly channel forecasting and ongoing updates with Finance and agency partners.
- Monitor the external marketplace to identify best practices and emerging trends and apply knowledge to put in place improvements in National Grid’s use of digital communications for customers.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Marketing/Communications
- 3+ years’ experience in email communication channels and tools to support the delivery of effective customer communications
- Digital self-service knowledge and experience (chat, web, mobile and social)
- Digital content management experience and email/CRM engine expertise
- Experience managing external suppliers and agencies
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.