Job DescriptionApply Now
Civil Construction Supervisor / ElectricJob ID 20173783 Date posted 01/11/2018
The Civil Construction Supervisor, under the general direction of the Manager will be responsible for overseeing assigned contract work and coordinating the daily activities of assigned civil or electrical contractor crews to assure high standards of safety, security, environmental compliance, and assuring uninterrupted service is delivered to customers in a timely and professional manner consistent with Company and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the daily activities of assigned civil or electrical contractors performing construction, maintenance and restoration work associated with electric utility construction projects.
- Monitor job progress, document crew activities and prepare reports.
- Assure that high standards of safety, security and environmental compliance are consistently followed at assigned work locations.
- Fully understand the assigned project scope and contract work authorization details. Interface with others on the project to ensure job commitments are delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure safe and reliable construction and maintenance activities consistent with company, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and relevant emerging government codes and regulations.
- Ensure company guidelines and procedures, standards, and environmental and safety regulations are consistently adhered to. Assure compliance to all applicable Federal, state, local and National Grid guidelines, laws and regulations.
- Provide quality assurance that the work being performed is per National Grid specifications, standards and applicable contractual documents.
- Work with other supervisors and departments to review engineering drawings, technical specifications, survey site locations for constructability considerations; confirm proper permits and licenses are available prior to work start; and attend project meetings as requested.
- Document contract crew activities, prepare and present periodic oral and written update reports and verify the accuracy of contractor invoicing. Report on job progress utilizing a web-based reporting database.
- Adhere to daily operating procedures.
- Ensure successful performance of assigned contract crews and help to encourage a "continuous improvement" field work environment within a performance based culture.
- Minimum Two year technical degree in civil or electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years relevant civil or electrical construction experience in all aspects of electric utility operations, Conduit/duct bank utility construction operations or similar industry
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, local, company safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret job cards, prints, specifications, drawings, schematics, one line diagrams, instructional information and contract documents.
- Must have thorough understanding of civil or electrical construction principles and the hazards associated with civil work; and possess good electrical aptitude.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of company maintenance practices, safe work practices, tagging rules and labor contracts.
- Ability to develop and administer a strong Safety culture.
- Hands-on experience with completion of challenging field construction work.
- Maintain a non-restricted driver's license.
- Able to travel throughout the service territory and willing to work extended hours when job requires and for system emergencies.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.