Senior Complex Connections Representative Apply Now
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Complex Connections Representative for our Customer Organization in Malden, MA.
The Senior Complex Connections Representative will be responsible for fulfilling new customer requests for new large volume/complex gas connections for growth. Manage field activities and customer needs, concerning expediting the completion of these new large volume/complex gas connections. The Senior Complex Connections Representative will be responsible for interacting with customers, trade allies, manufacturers, engineering firms, developers, operations, customer meter service and sales personnel. This role will effectively manage multiple projects and difficult installations or customer issues. Interface closely with many other areas of the company.
- To be the process owner for the entire customer experience for the largest and most complex new gas customer connections.
- Provide as the point of contact for new inquiries through execution of the project.
- Provide customer expectations; facilitate design with internal National Grid engineering team to provide customers with solutions for their gas demand needs.
- Develop pricing for customer contributions to support the build of new infrastructure and then manage the project with national grid resource coordination teams, operations and customer meter service teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline prefered and 5+ years’ direct experience in technical sales or mechanical design and installation and project management experience.
- Experience in sales, operations, planning, engineering or project management is required. Must understand the customer connections process and be customer oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of various gas utility and internal and external processes related to the position is required to expedite new gas connections installations.
- Working knowledge of Gridforce, Maximo and CSS desired.
- Strong technical skills desirable concerning metering and regulator details, operation of high and low pressure boilers and associated gas train installations, dual fuel specifications, natural gas engines, and cooling/refrigeration system operation.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.Apply Now