• Be proficient as a Lineworker 1/C as demonstrated by proficiency, testing and past performance appraisals.
• Be thoroughly familiar with all Safety Standards.
• Retain appropriate qualifications on the National Grid Switching and Tagging list.
• Be thoroughly familiar with all Construction, Operating, and Maintenance Standards, and Safety Standards and Procedures.
• Be proficient with the use of elec
tronic devices and maintain various records, reports, and forms regarding payroll, materials used, and condition of plant, tools, and equipment.
• Demonstrate the ability to properly operate vehicles, tools, and equipment assigned to the department.
• Furnish an acceptable means of off-hour contact by telephone.
• Retain a valid motor vehicle operator's license, which does not restrict driving as to type of transmission or hours of operation.
• Must maintain a DOT health certificate and a System hoisting certificate.