About the Position:
Under direct supervision to control, direct and monitor electric substations, hydro-generating stations, transmission networks and distribution facilities within a Regional Control Center's jurisdiction including making load, voltage and reactive adjustments using state of the art equipment. To perform such activities as:
- Direct switching operations and routine testing.
- Administer Company mark-up rules and other equipment tests as directed.
- Control and direct restoration procedures for interruptions and disturbances, including dispatching of personnel.
- Monitor security and other alarms for stations and other Company facilities.
- Record readings, log information and compile and issue reports connected with the operation of the system.
- Receive and analyze trouble calls and dispatch personnel as required.
- Dispatch personnel involved with construction, maintenance and operations.