Every day we deliver safe and secure energy
to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise
and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver
on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves
and our business.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes you successful at National Grid?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Customer Focused 9
- Responsible 9
- Positive 8
- Results Driven 7
- Communicator 6
- Socially Conscious 5
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“ As Community Coordinator, I am lucky
enough to work with so many deserving organizations that assist so
many people in need. I am able to support these agencies with
grants that will help them thrive and continue to do the amazing
work that they do for our community. Being a full-time working
mother, National Grid is extremely family oriented and truly cares
about their employee’s best interest. ”
Coordinator, Community & Cust Mgmt
“ It's easy to represent National Grid
because of its values … safety, ethics, community involvement. I
see how my work makes a difference. There's a clear line of sight
to the company’s goals. ”
“ Our company’s strongest asset is its
people, I love coming to work every day and being able interact
with all our business groups and connect with different people on a
daily basis. National Grid has a very customer-focused culture. At
National Grid we all work together and help each other out as it
will ultimately make us better for our customers. ”
Kelsey Kennedy Associate
Coordinator for Pipeline Programs
“ The most rewarding part about my role
is being able to help others improve their craft daily. I also
enjoy being able to help our customers. Being a face in the field
that they can connect to, helping them understand what is happening
and why, and keeping them safe. National Grid's culture is one of
diversity, supportive of its employees, and focused on customer
Martin Sobers Lead
Supervisor Operations, Field Ops
“ The most rewarding aspect of my career
is the opportunity to shape the future of how we deliver major
capital projects for our customers. Our culture has a strong focus
on meeting customer expectations, employee and public safety, and
operational efficiency. ”
Cedric Williams VP Complex
Capital Delivery Program, Complex Capital Del Project
We support developing the skills and capabilities
of young people in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
subjects. It supports our future talent recruitment and our desire to see young
people gain meaningful employment.
Learn more about our Student Programs
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Mechanical Foremanfor our Maintenance Services department in Hicksville, NY.
The duties of Mechanical Foreman relate to Station Mechanical Components, mechanical repair, and overhaul personnel. On the job direction, supervision, and technical support, of Physical Workforce. To provide execution and direction of workplan established by Manager / Supervisor. There will be time sheet preparation, vacation & sick leave tracking, and direct administration of contract and work rules. Shift fulfillment as required to provide direct supervision and technical support, of Physical Workforce. Being available 24/7 for emergency callout. Requires extensive overtime commitment to provide direct supervision and technical support, of Physical Workforce.
- Provide leadership and supervision to various size crews in the maintenance, repair, modification, or installation of all types of equipment.
- Prepares necessary reports and forms.
- Reads and interprets complicated and involved plans, drawings and specifications as required.
- Lays out and assigns work; trains and instructs employees assigned to the group.
- Recommends special training and qualification needs.
- Ensures qualifications of assigned staff are kept current.
- Is familiar with power plants as well as with the use and care of tools, equipment and material under supervision. Makes recommendations’ concerning purchases and care of equipment.
- Maintains quantity and quality of production by efficient assignment of personnel to jobs, recognition of factors slowing progress and constant checking on status of job.
- Develops and reviews maintenance and repair procedures as necessary. Analyzes causes of trouble.
- Controls costs by proper planning, by developing better methods and procedures and by minimizing non-productive time and unavailability of tools, material and parts.
- Initiates requests for equipment outages.
- Must recognize this position's responsibilities to work overtime, rotating shifts, and nights, incidental and prolonged, resulting from unusual operating conditions and major overhauls.
- Administers the Company-Union Contract, local plant rules, Nationalgrid Safety Programs and Procedures.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of power generation equipment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to effectively supervise others.
- Must be capable of being certified as NYS Asbestos Handling Supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license required with a safe driving history that meets National Grid’s Safe Driver policy.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no Recently Views Jobs.